Where. Murlocs. Dare

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now Available At: http://www.wheremurlocsdare.com!

+12
Akari
Skathi
Balgarim
Prynkesse
Gimilkhâd
zuzuna
Kayte
Marveen
Derky
Mnemo
Dahlaine
Cardinal
16 posters

Ulduar Feedback Thread

Cardinal
    Cardinal
    Big Fish

Ulduar Feedback Thread Empty Ulduar Feedback Thread

Post  Cardinal Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:21 pm

Not much to see here yet. There won't be in-depth Tankspot videos for some time yet. We'll have to figure stuff out ourselves! cyclops

Even the kill order for bosses is unknown so far, as there appears to be optional bosses.

In the meantime you can check out the loot and bosses here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?page=862
    Cardinal
    Cardinal
    Big Fish

Ulduar Feedback Thread Empty Re: Ulduar Feedback Thread

Post  Cardinal Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:37 am

I won't post detailed videos of these boss fights until we've seen them with our own eyes, but here is the basic tactics for us to get started with for the first 4 bosses...

1) Flame Leviathan:

You have a choice of 3 vehicles - Siege Vehicles (tanks), Demolisher's (DPS), and motorbikes (Er... Hybrids)

There is a gauntlet to drive through to get to the boss. Remember to use the repair pad at the end!

Siege Engines must kite the boss. Boss will change which engine he follows every 30 seconds.

Demolisher's must attack the boss and catapult 1 DPSer and 1 healer onto the roof of the boss, where they must blow up turrets.

Motorbikes must lay traps in front of the boss, and pick up the pair who have been catapulted.

2) Ignis the Furnace Master

Tank and spank + adds (like 2nd boss in Halls of Lightning)

Don't cast a spell when he uses flame jets or you'll be unable to cast again for 8 seconds.

Adds must be kited through fire and crowd-controlled in the fire, then killed.

3) Razorscale

Stay out of fire, protect NPC's.

Use turrets to bring down boss (like Skadi in Utgarde Pinnacle)

DPS boss when on the ground, repeat. Boss lands at the end - DPS race to kill her before stacking flame buffet kills tank.

4) XT-002 Deconstructor

On paper, this sounds like the 2nd easiest boss. Suspect

Tank and spank.

If you get hit by 'gravity well' or 'light bomb' - get away from the raid!

Kill adds when they spawn or they will heal the boss.
    Cardinal
    Cardinal
    Big Fish

Post  Cardinal Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:12 pm

Great raid tonight, lots of fun!

We were on track to get Razorscale tonight...

From the videos it seems you can still kill it, even if it takes 3 landings to get there. We always have her to 50% by the end of the third landing.

When she lands, all adds should be off-tanked and ignored by the DPS totally.

It is very likely that I will die near the end, in which case somebody will need to catch the dragon just long enough to kill it.

EDIT: Seems you can ping pong him between tanks on phase 2, so that would totally fix our problem.
    Dahlaine
    Dahlaine

Post  Dahlaine Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:46 pm

Just going to post general opinions.

I very much enjoyed myself; despite my failure in DPS but I guess off-casting on Razorscale accounts for some of that. Was nice to do an instance where nobody knew any of the bosses.

Flame Leviathan

- Needs to be changed to two DPS in the Demolisher seats since they do not require healing.

Bike Riders: We lost Taq because of some confusion with the riders, i.e. I called down vent for Akari to save me and Taq got squished Very Happy. Easy enough to solve if those new to fight - using the motorcycles are informed of their requirement here.

The fight itself seemed to be solved once the tanks had sorted out their tanks and had the kiting in order.

Good kill and next week should be a one-shot as it's easy enough to explain.

Ignis the Furnace Master

- Tactics can wait until they nerf his damagez0rz lul.

Razorscale

Had some good attempts; think our best one infact we down Balgarim and I also lost my Heroism due to a 'standing in the fire' fail on my part. So definitely think this guy is possible. Hopefully will get him tomorrow!

Suggestions:

Because of the randomness of the moles; probably best if Gimil/or someone marks the casters within the trash packs since these do hit everyone for a lot of damage and combined with a unlucky flame ball from the boss can cause unecessary deaths.

The basic layout being that if you don't get a WW guy you're going to get two casters. So we were only "lucky" on two attempts because of our Melee majority. In a raid in which casters are the majority it may be the other way round.

And good news about the ping-ponging on Phase 2, Card, just need to make sure he's moved out of the fire Surprised.
    Dahlaine
    Dahlaine

Post  Dahlaine Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:53 pm

# The Dark Rune Sentinels in the 10 player Razorscale encounter have had hit points and damage reduced.
    # The enrage time for the Razorscale encounter has been increased to 10 minutes.
    # The Dark Rune Watchers will no longer cast chain lightning while moving.

Sorted tomorrow then.

Pretty sure we weren't killing it for 10 minutes?

[The WWS report is a little squif for me, but looks like a full attempt to enrage was 6 minutes]

This is from the US forums no idea when it's to be implemented for the EU.
    Mnemo
    Mnemo

Post  Mnemo Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:05 am

Disclaimer: posted from a phone - hillarious T9 errors ahoy!

Unfortunately. I had a miserable time last night, major factors being my talents being constantly refunded and me failing to get something to eat (got distracted trying to figure out the talent stuff)... So, apologies if I seen overly negative.

That said:

On general I think people need to realize 2 conflicting things:
    1) This is not Naxx. Respect Ulduar, don't expect trash and bosses to fall down on their own.
    2) Yesterdays boss fights really weren't that hard. Fire is still hot, and so on.

And a complaint, things said in said chat was ignored most of the time. A common problem for tent users :p.

Flame Leviathan: Interesting fight. When we post out who does what, this should be easy. Possibly a candidate to try one me the hard modes on next clear.

Ignis: I want to get a proper shot at living one of the adds next time we try him, should give me a better idea of how long it takes to melt them.

Also I think we should put the raid in the middle of the room and move Ignis in a circle around them. This means the healers and casters don't need to move so much, resulting in the adds being easier to catch for the add-tank. This means the boss-tank and melee gets to move more, but the tank will not need to turn Ignis to face the raid or melee as often (kind of like Malygos).
    Ignis has some 6+ million health.

Razorscale:
    P1: from my perspective was a very simple fight, made a bit harder by the adds being kited more than tanked.
    It seems like the towers are always built in the same order, so it should be easy for the healers to use the harpoons as soon as they are ready.
    What DPS needs to know is that you should go all out on Razorscale as soon as the yell goes out. Ignore the adds.
    Also. FIRE is still HOT. Don't stand in it.

P2: DPS should disengage and kill all remaining adds. Then go all out on the lizard.
    The enrage times should be 4 minutes longer today, so shouldn't cause problems.
    Razorscale has about 3+ million health, so she's much faster to know nuke down than Ignis.

I hope the talent issues are solved by tonight, and I'll make sure to get something to eat before the raid, so I can de less me a sourpuss :p
    Derky
    Derky

Post  Derky Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:17 am

Interesting night indeed.

Flamedude = piece of piss. Bit of a joke probably easier than most Nax boss's. For those who sucked on the vehicles last night (you know who you are :p) go play WG or Strand of the Ancients for some practice.
    Deffo a candidate for hardmode / achievements in early raiding attempts.

I actually didnt think Ignis was that borked to be honest. I think our stratergy was shocking and we didn't grasp the fight until we left it. I do agree with Taq regarding the tanking position, most of the issues I had as a healer was moving, we also lost a hell of a lot of dps during that. The adds need to be controlled better but that will come when Ignis is not killing everyone.

Razorscale again is very easy fight, very little to actually worry about. We had a major problem last night with adds not being tanked / dps'ed / ignored. It was a 50/50 split from my prospective between the DPS thinking the adds wont kill them and just dps'in as soon as they spawn. Though we have 3 healers in the raid there is enough splash damage with out having to worry about someone else trying to tank the mob that is not a tank. On atleast 3 attempts I was murdered by an add that was untanked for a long time, I saw Marv get the same treatment. Its all fine and dandy allowing the dwarfs to tank the adds if they are watched very closely. That needs some improvement.

I died a shit load on Razor too, I swear that the fireball thing he does is aggro based because in the first phase of every attempt I was getting 3-4 in a row then 2-3 second break then 3-4 again. I have no threat reduction talents so this really sucks for me. Could of just been bad luck, but for the moment I am flipping the bird at that proposal !

Regarding the healing, it would seem that paladin's are not the best choice for these boss's we have encounted so far. Which kinda sucks, the amount of movement and sheer amount of splash damage is so anti paladin it almost made me cry. I doubt I even managed 2k HPS on average last night (Not looked at WWS yet) but I felt fucking useless most of the night. Though I did Top damage!

To echo what I said to Taq last night and what he has posted. This is not Nax, this is going to be hard. We need to drop out of the "lol" approach to boss's and trash, or we wont get very far.

But overall, first night raiding, loads of fun, WMD kept together, we had some very good discussions and the whole group felt active in the raid. Apart from 1 or 2 that didn't say a word all night /poke

We do need to pay more attention to the raid chat, I did feel Zuzuna and Gimi were ignored a few times, question's did go unanswered and attempts were started with out reading raid chat. Note to people with out mic's:

A) Get one
    B) Don't press ready if you are not ready. If you are unsure then say so Wink

D
    Cardinal
    Cardinal
    Big Fish

Post  Cardinal Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:48 am

Ignis is totally doable when the fight clicks, but given a choice, it's smarter to get the easier bosses done and then return to him. He didn't seem so bugged the mighty Murlocs cannot kill him.

After 3-4 months of mindless raiding in Naxx where we can face roll to victory, I think there a lot of rude awakenings left to make, that's half the fun, having to focus for a change.

Regarding Taq's suggestion, I do not think moving Ignis in a circle around the raid will be possible, because the fire he spawns on the ground lasts for ages and soon there are 3 flame pools up at the same time. It feels more like Grobbulus' poison clouds, which would therefore require massive kiting, but we can experiment when Razorlash is dead.

I'll take responsibility if people's ideas were being ignored in raid chat. Believe me it wasn't deliberate, it was just a case of too much multi-tasking going on!

It would be lovely if everybody had a mic, as everybody's tactical comments are welcome.
    Cardinal
    Cardinal
    Big Fish

Post  Cardinal Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:15 am

Ignis tanking (just like Taqwa said!) Smile

Ulduar Feedback Thread Ignis-layout-thumb

One thing is that his flame jets can knock me out of healing range for a bit, and he can hit me when I'm up in the air, which is fun. Rolling Eyes
    Mnemo
    Mnemo

Post  Mnemo Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:36 am

Cardinal wrote:Regarding Taq's suggestion, I do not think moving Ignis in a circle around the raid will be possible, because the fire he spawns on the ground lasts for ages and soon there are 3 flame pools up at the same time. It feels more like Grobbulus' poison clouds, which would therefore require massive kiting

Well I wasn't thinking of a continuos circle, more standing still in one place till a fire field appears, then do a 45-90 degree revolution around the raid, giving the adds-tank some room to navigate between fields, and giving melee access to the back of the boss.
    But sure, after Razorscale.

I'll have to check that video when I get home... No browser flash support! :p
    Marveen
    Marveen

Post  Marveen Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:52 am

Replies for everyone, but using D's comment as a template for help..

Derky wrote:Flamedude = piece of piss. ...
    Deffo a candidate for hardmode / achievements in early raiding attempts.
    First try I jumped on Dahl's bike and was totally useless in the fight as bike passengers can't do anything. So I jumped out in the hope of running to a siege engine or demolisher, and got hit by the burning dot - you have about 5 seconds to live outside a vehicle, so don't leave a vehicle unless there's another in range! Very Happy

Second try I was a turret operator (T) with Gimil as driver (D) of a siege engine (SE). Turrets have 3 abilities - shoot at the air (not sure what the point of this was, I tried it a bit mid-fight and it did some damage but much less than the cannon did), a very handy targetable variable range cannon that hit for 60-100k, without a cooldown (like the boat quests in Acherus), and a bubble on a 1-minute cooldown (which I used when our SE got chased). You can switch to another empty slot in the same vehicle - watch the small icon under the minimap (same position as the "broken armour" icon) to see how many and who are on your vehicle, and where. The SE not being chased doesn't need to hug the Leviathan - best to stay at range so when he turns to you you have the distance as a bonus advantage.

So, until we have the passenger pickup figured out we need at least 2 bikes (B) without passengers from the start, and they must follow the Leviathan closely so that those on the roof can jump on one as soon as they get thrown off. We also seem to need 2 SEs (for tanking), each with at least one passenger (for the abilities I described above). Passengers on the Demolishers (DE) should be DPSers, so they can take down the roof turrets when launched. Do all the remaining 4 people go on the DEs or.. ? As for throwing a healer up on the roof - that doesn't seem necessary in 10-mans.

- B1 (D,-), B2 (D,-), SE1 (D,T,*,-), SE2 (D,T,-,-), DE1 (D,P,P) - spare person goes as "*" on SE1 until the first two passengers are launched from DE1?
    - B1 (D,-), B2 (D,-), SE1 (D,T,-,-), SE2 (D,T,-,-), DE1 (D,P,-), DE2 (D,P,-) - loads of empty space and once the passengers are launched from the DE's no one will be doing those functions.

I actually didnt think Ignis was that borked to be honest. I think our stratergy was shocking and we didn't grasp the fight until we left it. I do agree with Taq regarding the tanking position, most of the issues I had as a healer was moving, we also lost a hell of a lot of dps during that. The adds need to be controlled better but that will come when Ignis is not killing everyone.
    Heh, I was secretly gloating when everyone said Ignis was oneshotting people, because our murlocs were living for a lot longer than that! But he is hard, and control of the adds seems key. I had some ranged issues at the start - people seemed to be in range, but were out of range of heals. I suppose his room is a lot larger than it looks, so perhaps Taqwa's plan is better - the one strategy I've seen shows him being tanked in a tight circle (facing outward), and being moved 120 degrees (1/3 of a circle) every time he burns the ground. And thanks to D and Zuzu for helping me get that achievement in the Molten Pot! Very Happy Someone said you can move around in there, and I tried, but I was a passenger up there, and I'm not sure I was repositioning myself or if it was just him sloshing me around.

Razorscale again is very easy fight, very little to actually worry about. We had a major problem last night with adds not being tanked / dps'ed / ignored. It was a 50/50 split from my prospective between the DPS thinking the adds wont kill them and just dps'in as soon as they spawn. Though we have 3 healers in the raid there is enough splash damage with out having to worry about someone else trying to tank the mob that is not a tank. On atleast 3 attempts I was murdered by an add that was untanked for a long time, I saw Marv get the same treatment. Its all fine and dandy allowing the dwarfs to tank the adds if they are watched very closely. That needs some improvement.
    Seems in 10-mans it's only the centre two harpoons that are activated. They can be handled by 1-2 healers only, so that leaves the other free to move closer to the dps. I was doing both at the end, although an annoying XPerl bug gave me an error message everytime I moused over Gimil's frame (didn't like the funny "a" I guess Very Happy) so I was a bit slow at the start.

DPS was all over the room which was very hard to heal as we had range issues again. Ulduar is BIG - and 40 yds is not that far. We can try putting healers in a 3-pt position: one who can move and heal at the harpoons and the other two more static at either side (where we stand when he lands), but as D said they need to be tanked. I had some very fun shadowmeld-fade pingpongs with Zuzu... Smile A few of the times I died because I didn't see the dwarves hitting on me (for some reason my V-bars were resetting themselves, probably me doing it) - that is something I will work on.

I died a shit load on Razor too, I swear that the fireball thing he does is aggro based ...

Regarding the healing, it would seem that paladin's are not the best choice for these boss's we have encounted so far. Which kinda sucks, the amount of movement and sheer amount of splash damage is so anti paladin it almost made me cry. I doubt I even managed 2k HPS on average last night (Not looked at WWS yet) but I felt fucking useless most of the night. Though I did Top damage!
    D did top HPS but his activity was lower than Zuzus and mine - which means there's a lot of moving around. We need to put D in a more stationary position, and he needs to be watched over closely and stroked gently (HoS) often. As for healer aggro I don't see it as a bad thing - helps the tanks round up adds as they will come to us (I don't have Subtlety myself either for this reason). He's still the best we have at healing a LOT of damage out STAT, so once we find a spot for you to stand unmolested, we'll progress - let's work at finding good positions.

Some general ideas for healing in Ulduar:
    - Have a melee-only group (without the tanks), so Zuzu can use her targeted Prayer of Healing on them.
    - Healers toggle your secondary Ctrl-V (friendly AND hostile bars) - helps see when dangerous adds are near, so we can cc if possible (root, hammer, fear, etc).
    - Set the boss as your /focus and try to keep an eye on cast abilities/retargets (this is hard as we're learning the fight, as we're distracted with raw healing).
    - Paladins will need to use their HoS on D a lot more liberally, at least until we figure things out. Healer aggro will be very high until we learn the bosses - we're throwing a lot more heals around than are needed, but as we learn we'll pull less threat from more directed and more coordinated heals (more time between heals).
    - We need a lot more cc - I will try to remember to use NG (root on hit) a lot more actively, now that I can cast it in tree form.
    - We also need to switch to dps (on things like Razor) so unless mana is SHOWN to be an issue on a kill, don't be scared to burn through it. They've given me the HoT mana cost reduction as a passive now (not locked to tree form) so I can HoT in caster form, but I have nearly 3x the armour as a tree, and the 6% healing bonus, so I will be switching loads.

So, in general we need to think of ourselves more as a class now ("what Druid/Priest/Paladin abilities do I have?"), and less as a role! Very Happy And don't use the AoE martyr thing so much Bal you bastard! Very Happy

I found it most effective to keep Rejuv on myself permanently, Lifebloom people who got fireballed (it will bloom for 4k+ healing or more after 7 seconds if D/Zuzu haven't landed a heal by then), and otherwise WG every 6 seconds on the melee group (which is why we want you in one place!) and Nourish spam on people under 40% hp. The new LB is bugged (I hope!) because it refunds almost more mana than it costs when you don't stack it.. so I was using it very liberally.

We do need to pay more attention to the raid chat, I did feel Zuzuna and Gimi were ignored a few times, question's did go unanswered and attempts were started with out reading raid chat. ...
    Yes, get a mike, even if it's just to say "I'm saying something in chat, READ IT!". I was reading raid chat, but it's very easy to ignore it when it's overruled in the Vent channel.. Very Happy I was going to suggest those without a mike get promoted and learn to use /rw to get attention, but it would be much better for people to get a mike.
    Derky
    Derky

Post  Derky Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:39 am

I think I came accross wrongly in my original post regarding vent.

I don't believe we should be forcing people to get Mic's. As I prefer raiding with out vent and always have. But I think it should be considered in this day and age.

But then again, the RL and the raid as a whole should be reading what's said in raid chat. That should be enforced Wink

D
    Marveen
    Marveen

Post  Marveen Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:39 am

Grats to Gimil, Bal and Zuzu for new shinies, and to Taq for the offspec sword! Very Happy Very good raid, we had very very few lolwipes, and every try was progress - and two new bosses downed! Everyone had brought meals too - although we do need a plan for setting down the feasts... Very Happy How about announcing 3 people for lunchladies at the start of the fight, and they take turns per wipe?

Razorscale healing

Quick fight, but intensive healing needed in the grounded phase.

In the chaotic phase, one (mobile) healer mans the two centre harpoons as they come on and heals the raid - announce if someone is getting too far. Watch out not to stand too close to the engineers if there's a caster dwarf around - the 3 NPCs fixing the turret will chain the Chain Lightning and amplify it! The other healers focus on one tank each and watch out for aggro issues.

In the landed phase, make sure to move out to a side. If you can spare it, help nuke the boss. HoT/shield the tanks before the knockback, and return to your position.

In the last, grounded phase, make sure to move with everyone else - don't want to be caught by the breath in front of his face. Healing will get harder towards the end, so save oh-crap things for this phase. When Cardinal died I stopped healing and helped nuke him down at the end, but hopefully we'll have a less chaotic finish next time! Very Happy

XT-002 Deconstructor healing

Quick fight, but bursty AoE healing needed especially during the scream.

Split the raid into two groups (helps focus healing). Two healers on one side of the room, the other on the other (ranged should stay to the side with them). Keep the bomb spot clear about 4-5 tiles behind the melee dps (watch out for the OT who uses this area at the end), and assign one healer to top up those bombed. During the first phase, one healer focuses on the MT, the others keep the raid up. Most healing will be from Light Bombs in this phase, and the tank.

When he screams, everybody make sure to be near the healers - 120% damage to all means we need to heal up to 8k hp to everyone in 5 12 seconds (and especially AoE heals have smaller range than normal heals). HoT up before the scream and save AoE heals and specials for the pounding itself. The pounding doesn't interrupt casting, but it snares everyone so don't be caught far away. A big danger here is if people are caught in a Light Bomb before the scream, so they're not at full health before he starts pounding.

In phase 2, healers help nuke the bombs/AoE - don't run off to grab them, wait until they come in. If there's enough ranged dps, help nuke the heart in this phase - there isn't much healing needed except by the OT (who needs very little) and people caught by bombs. I kept announcing when the boss came back to "play", making sure the dps hadn't wandered too far (he likes to scream after a phase change it seems!). Help nuke if you can.

Seems like killing the heart isn't optional, as we first thought. The fight simply requires Ulduar-geared dps to enable hardmode (kill the heart before that phase is over)!

Last edited by Marveen on Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:33 am; edited 1 time in total
    Cardinal
    Cardinal
    Big Fish

Post  Cardinal Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:28 am

Awesome raid again, really well done everybody. Smile

I want everybody to keep bringing flasks to raids now. You should all have one, at least until Ulduar is on farm. Derky and Prynkesse can make anything you need - just chat to them, or we might even have some in the raid bank.

At the worst, just buy them off the AH - they're not that expensive!

On Saturday night we will try Ignis the Firemaster again as he has been hotfixed:

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/12/16418872579-ignis-one-shotting-geared-tanks.html

However, he still has a known bug where he melee's and kills people in his slag pot, so if that is the only thing causing us to fail, we will move on and leave him.

After Ignis is dead, we have a choice of the Iron Council or Kologarn. Kologarn looks easiest, so he will die.
    Derky
    Derky

Post  Derky Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:26 am

Regarding flasks,

Ill make what ever I can up each week. Slim picking this week as I have not had the time to herb at all, ill try and make up for that tomorrow.

I do have over 600 Pygmy oil. So if you have the rest of the mats I can supply that for free.

Not sure what Pryn is, but I am a elixir master so I have the chance to make more than 2 flasks at a time, to the max of 6 from one set of mats.

Kayte is also I believe.

Edit - I only need frost Lotus at the moment, I have enough mats for everything else for some weeks. If you can buy the frost lotus and vials and give them to me ill supply the rest (with in reason)

D
    Kayte
    Kayte

Post  Kayte Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:01 am

Derky wrote:

Not sure what Pryn is, but I am a elixir master so I have the chance to make more than 2 flasks at a time, to the max of 6 from one set of mats.

Kayte is also I believe.

No, potion master, sorry Smile

(can still make flasks for people ofc)
    Cardinal
    Cardinal
    Big Fish

Post  Cardinal Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:40 pm

Kololol video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSkUlEvZdww&eurl=http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f206/48699-ulduar-kologarn.html&feature=player_embedded
    Marveen
    Marveen

Post  Marveen Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:43 pm

Loads of attempts at Ignis, and we seemed to get better at handling the adds. Healing isn't so hard except when there's more than 2 adds up then it's really "oh-crap-or-die" abilities. A tree druid is nearly immune to his spell-locking, although the temptation to cast a direct heal in this window got me silenced once or twice.. Very Happy The fight seems heavy on dps/OT coordination, so looking forward to hear what the Coastrunners come up with!

Found an interesting tactic for Kologarn here:
    - http://www.wowcryptlords.com/Ulduar-guides/ulduar-kologarn-boss-fight-guide-video-strategy-guide.html
    He doesn't hit that hard, but there is a LOT of damage and it's everywhere - this fight is much more healer-centered than Ignis (yay, challenge!). Really stretching my global cooldowns here! We need to work on better positioning for the raid to make room for those beamed to run behind the raid, and we need to work on better transitions when the tanks swap (to avoid the Crush Armour debuffs stacking). Healing those in the hands isn't impossible but requires very quick reactions - I know we can outheal that damage, but still need tweaking on healing assignments. Looking forward to Monday!

Oh, and grats to Derky and Blobb on the trash shinies.. nothing like a little human sacrifice to appease the Gods of Purple.. Very Happy
    zuzuna
    zuzuna

Post  zuzuna Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:29 am

"nil Squeezed Lifeless hits Blobb for 79646 Physical"
    That is how people die in the Hands - nothing Oracles can do: "The Hand must Die" (sounds like a nice B-movie) - and fast
    If the Rubbles who do the AoE are gatherer away from melee and shot (after The Right Hand is dead melee can go hit the Left) we may survive
    I didn't try to heal through the Eye to see if it is possible, but it is more of a nuisance than a killer, disrupting our concentration
    I think we were a bit low on morale, after the wipes at Ignis. We will be prepared next time.

Ignis from the other hand... WOW! We don't lose people on the belly, but if adds don't die, after a throw in the air there is no time to heal the excesive damage. My Prayer of Healing has no good results, as everyone runs around and range becomes a problem. I saw somewhere an image where these hitting Ignis where almost immobile in the middle hitting him from behind while the tank turns him around.

It is definately harder than Naxx, but not soo hard to make me despair. There is the feeling "next time we will find the strategy, and then it will be easy again". In terms of gaming, I wouldn't like the solutions to come that fast :-)
    Marveen
    Marveen

Post  Marveen Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:18 am

I read somewhere that the hands have a chance to drop whoever they have on hit (increasing chance to drop up to 100% chance to drop the person after 100k hit points). So as far as I can see we don't want to kill the hand on purpose (it will respawn after a while after all), as the rubble adds extra unnecessary chaos to the fight.
    Cardinal
    Cardinal
    Big Fish

Post  Cardinal Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:35 am

First of all, I'm really happy how well people dealt with the countless wipes last night. The mood stayed up and I know how tiring it is when you spend most of the raid corpse-running! I don't think we've had a night where we didn't kill anything (VoA aside) but I still had fun and look forward to Monday.

Ignis is an optional boss, so we'll be taking the option to leave him until we've got at least a few pieces of tier 8. I know we can take him, but at the moment he is obviously much harder than anything else we've encountered so there's no point failing on him when there's loot up for grabs elsewhere.

Marveen wrote:I read somewhere that the hands have a chance to drop whoever they have on hit (increasing chance to drop up to 100% chance to drop the person after 100k hit points). So as far as I can see we don't want to kill the hand on purpose (it will respawn after a while after all), as the rubble adds extra unnecessary chaos to the fight.

We tried twice to switch DPS to the hand and free the person inside, and both tries we failed. Admittedly people were tired by that stage of the night, but minimising movement is the best approach. If we kill the hand, the DPS just have to nuke until it's dead and repeat.

We only had 1 try with just Blobb on the adds. He survived the rubble rumble and almost managed to kill them himself. With just one ranged person helping him, the adds will die in a matter of seconds.

We do need to work out better who's standing where though, and maybe mark the ranged with symbols so people being chased by lasers don't run into them.

Lastly, I think I can tank through the 2 debuffs the boss puts on me, which means the tanks won't need to swap at all. It's 40% armour reduction but the debuff falls off very quickly.
    Mnemo
    Mnemo

Post  Mnemo Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:32 am

Thought I should add some feedback on the bosses I've not commented on so far.

Ignis: I volunteered to off-tank the adds as I felt DKs have a lot of options to handle them with. Chains of Ice and Death Grip on particular. He possible I will try to improve my tank gear till our next go...
    Anyway: having 2 kiters is probably the way to go, assuming we don't run into an enrage.
    I had some initial problems building threat on my add, causing it to run off to beat on a healer, but that should sort itself out with some practice.
    Also, something to note if someone else is doing the kiteing: always run the add to the NEWEST fire pit, the older ones don't last long enough to get the required stacks.

From my point of view, the figu was progressing nicely until I had was put in the pot, upon which things quickly spiraled out of control.
    Blobb, how did things look on your end?

Emalon: not that hard, biggest problem being targeting the correct mob. Personally, I used my DPS cooldowns alternatively on burning down the adds. I might stop using a cooldown on the first one, to make sure I have one on the fourth (and final, I think?)

I nubbed out a couple me times on the nova range, eagerness to get back into melee range overwhelming I guess :p

Adding about Deconstructor and Kologarn during the day...
    Derky
    Derky

Post  Derky Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:50 am

Not really much to add to whats been said.

Kolo - Zuzu, I have tried to heal through the eye beam, which is actually plural Beams. It killed me pretty quickly. I could probably survive 3-4 seconds but the damage is rather intense once both eyes get to you. If you had 2 healers, maybe, but solo healing for me atleast on it left me dead.

D
    Gimilkhâd
    Gimilkhâd

Post  Gimilkhâd Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:06 am

Just a note to the Kologarn fight.

Killing an arm will spawn a pack of earth elementals which should be picked up by a tank and killed immediately. The arm will respawn 60 seconds later, but will take health equal to the arm's from the boss.

Killing the "gripping" arm is definetly the way to go for an easy approach i'd say. You dont risk loosing anyone to the squese, as you have constant dps on the arm, and when the arm die, you switch to the boss while it's respawning.

The only thing that becomes really important with this tactic is AoE healing, as you will have both the swiping arm, and adds that have AoE attacks, this makes it vital to burn down the adds fast (they dont have a lot of HP).

This is at least the tactic i would suggest for Monday. It was also mentioned if one possibly could survive standing in the eyebeam. This is not advised at all. As an indication one of the achievments (much like the one we got on XT-002) is noone getting hit by any eye beams.
    Marveen
    Marveen

Post  Marveen Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:10 am

Kologarn: The beam has a range of 3 yds and fries you if you stand in it - I tried zigzagging (failsauce!) so we need a clear run area in the middle of the room:

SEE NEW IMAGE BELOW!

So we need to:
    - keep the OT/rubble away from the melee and the MT, so they don't take extra damage,
    - keep healers separate so they don't all have to run off lasers simultaneously,
    - assign ranged dps to kill the rubble?

As for Ignis, I'm not sure Taqwa needs better standard tank gear - as far as wws tell, the kiters weren't taking that much damage and we need the adds to die faster. Also - if you decide to regear, wouldn't Fire Res kit be more useful, as it's the roasting that's killing you? And yes, 2 kiters seem a must, as one will land in the pot sooner or later. But the kiting seems to be the key to this fight, and it was getting better and better.

As for healer threat in general, at least Zuzu and I can try to fade/shadowmeld more. Or you can "use" D as the add beacon, as any loose adds will come to him - just tell him where you want him to stand! There are a few enchants that reduce threat, but I think it's better to use D's healer aggro to our benefit.

On Razorscale - I read that he casts blue fire at people standing under him. Also, Disc priests are apparently particularly useful on this fight (shields >>> fireballs and keeping molten tanks alive), so if you're up for trying that spec on our next try on Razor, go for it Zuzu!

Last edited by Marveen on Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 8:29 pm