Where. Murlocs. Dare

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now Available At: http://www.wheremurlocsdare.com!

3 posters

Feedback - Karazhan

Marveen
    Marveen

Feedback - Karazhan Empty Feedback - Karazhan

Post  Marveen Sun Oct 19, 2008 9:45 am

Just wanted to comment on the run and stuff - feel free to pitch in! *pokes Advent for screenies*

At first I expected us to wipe loads then maybe make it to the Curator (if lucky) - I had only been to Kara twice before, and I remember dying 4-5 times on the pull up to Attumen (no, not a PUG!). But after smashing Heroic Mana Tombs the other night I figured perhaps the patch had made everyone a bit OP, so I decided to read up on tactics for the other 5 boss events as well.. and a good thing I did! We had an awesomely smooth run with only two failed attempts (and that second one was due to the Chess Event bug, so it doesn't really count!) and very few casualties! And as Advent commented to me later, it was great to see people keep fighting on Netherspite even after both tanks were down (and healers were locked in Divine Intervention limbo) - great fighting spirit!

If I remember correctly, after 1 hour we were done with four bosses (Attumen, Moroes, the Maiden and the Opera event). After 2 hours another three were down (Nightbane, the Curator and Illhoof) leaving just four bosses for the 3rd and last hour (Aran, Netherspite, the Chess thing and the Prince). We rock! One thing I really liked was that people waited and timed their AFKs nicely to fit with looting breaks.. *approves*

Grats on all the new shiny loot - it was good to see such civilised rolling on items and everyone passing when the MLer occasionally forgot to set it.. Very Happy Suggestion for next run: put a non-tank in charge of looting! They're going to be busy doing tank stuff, marking the next trash pull and probably getting loads of whispers from admirers. Letting someone else do it will give them a much-needed breather. Oh.. and please link all the loot first, so those who don't need anything can take their bio breaks if needed?

From a healer perspective it was a boring run - things died so fast they barely hit the tanks, so I barely got to spend my mana. I mean, I had to drink twice in 3 hours! Very Happy The best fights for me were Nightbane (where I actually got to spend some mana) and Netherspite (because it was so chaotic and an entirely new boss mechanic for me!).

Looking forward to a bit more of a challenge in Zul'Aman on Monday!
    Cardinal
    Cardinal
    Big Fish

Feedback - Karazhan Empty Re: Feedback - Karazhan

Post  Cardinal Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:41 pm

All right, I know it was easy mode. I know the patch gave us crazy DPS but that doesn't matter. What matters is we had fun and you can't patch fun. It's either there or it isn't. The fact we cleared the whole place in less than 3 hours and got tons of epics and badges is an added bonus admittedly...

Netherspite was my favourite fight because he was still a tiny wee bit hard. Can't better the feeling of beating a boss who killed you.

Here's the screenshots. May we laugh heartily at them in 12 months from now.

Attumen & Midnight

Feedback - Karazhan Wowscrnshot101808190115ah2
    Feedback - Karazhan W640

Maiden of Virtue

Feedback - Karazhan Wowscrnshot101808193526jt3
    Feedback - Karazhan W640

Opera Event

Feedback - Karazhan Wowscrnshot101808194818cm6
    Feedback - Karazhan W640

Nightbane

Feedback - Karazhan Wowscrnshot101808201344ye0
    Feedback - Karazhan W640

Curator

Feedback - Karazhan 2n9eu1e

Illhoof

Feedback - Karazhan 24fz7uw

Aran

Feedback - Karazhan Hs1ftz

Netherspite

Feedback - Karazhan A4rjb8

Prince

Feedback - Karazhan S1i0le

Grats all!
    Enthesilea
    Enthesilea

Post  Enthesilea Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:30 am

No pictures of the wipes ?-( I wish I had a screenshot of Malchezzar running right past you like you were invisible, that debuff madness was really hilarious!
    Marveen
    Marveen

Post  Marveen Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:19 am

Saturday 1st November

We managed to one-shot Netherspite, so the instance is officially on farm by the murlocs! We had a slow start, with what seemed like lower dps than usual and a rare lolwipe on trash Very Happy. However, into the second hour we warmed up (don't remember us downing Aran so quickly before!), and we finished strong! The Netherspite kill was almost flawless - very well done!

We were 3 healers for a change, and the drop in dps was noticeable - that is, until the dps team had warmed up! Saturday's raid was the first time I found myself longing for the promised dual spec ability - for farm runs (like tonight) it will be great for healers to be able to spec full dps or hybrid (my choice) and help bring 'em down faster.

Not much else to say except: we've got the place licked now! Just one more Kara run to do before the expansion.. and a last chance to get T4 or whatever last-minute supplies we need before we're commissioned to Northrend.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:08 am