Where. Murlocs. Dare

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now Available At: http://www.wheremurlocsdare.com!

+10
Akari
zuzuna
Mirium
Derky
Enthesilea
Mnemo
Dahlaine
Faehla
Marveen
Cardinal
14 posters

The Naxxramas Feedback Thread!

Marveen
    Marveen

The Naxxramas Feedback Thread! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Naxxramas Feedback Thread!

Post  Marveen Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:07 am

Mnemo wrote:Achievements:
    Shocking - not planned. Good job.
    Arachnophobia - Did it in good time, I believe?
    1 Death away from Safety Dance,
    Hundred Club

Leaves 8 Achievements for us that we haven't done yet:
    Naxx with 8 people.
    Thaddius with 8 people
    No one dying on any boss.
    Patchwerk in 3 minutes.
    Faerlina without dispelling frenzy.
    Spore Loser (This is difficult if anyone shows up with a spec or class that does a lot of AoE damage)
    And they would all go down together - going to require a lot of coordination.
    Just can't get enough - we should be able to do this.
    The Undying - 19 deaths today. Decrease to 0 and we've got this in the bag. This does require us to do The Safety Dance every week though Wink
    Very nice raid, smooth and fast and another achievement in the bag.

Awesome job by the dps (Enth amagawd!). I tried to help as often as I could, but even wearing my haste/hit kit I can barely scratch 1k (Hurricaning), plus I really notice entering a boss fight without my regen kit. If we want to do the Patchwerk quick-kill I'm open for suggestions on how Team Oracle can help with this!

Another achievement we can work on is the 4 Horsemen one - but that would mean splitting up the dps a little, so the first two don't die too fast? Perhaps move 1-2 dps up topside to control the damage a bit, and have the healers run along the sides (Zeliek-Baron and Blameux-Korthazz, instead of Korthazz-Baron and Blameux-Zeliek)? The only hard hitter here is the Baron, and I noticed our tanks are beginning to hold up nicely to his whacking. Of course getting more than 3 stacks of any one mark can and should be avoided! Very Happy

After a bit of reading up on Kel'thuzad I decided to try using WG/CoH on the frostblocked melee and it worked nicely from my perspective. Hadn't used this spell a lot before as I was preparing for the omgQQnerf and didn't want to overuse it, but now I find the spell is always up when I need it and it's very nice to have on this fight (and 6 seconds is nothing compared to the 1-minute-or-so self-imposed cooldown I had on it before >.<). So I've adapted the healing tactic for this fight on the Tactics thread. Not sure whether pallies/shammies have any (near)instant zaps, but if you have a WIN-ability for this specific mechanic, let me know!

And lastly, I've asked Zuzuna to run healing tactics for our next Naxx run - it is an educational (and often fun) task, and I'd like all the Oracles to try it at least once! Almost on cue WoWinsider decides to write an article called "Are you ready to be the healer leader", so see that as a sign! Wink
    Marveen
    Marveen

The Naxxramas Feedback Thread! - Page 3 Empty Re: The Naxxramas Feedback Thread!

Post  Marveen Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:34 am

The theme to last night's raid was Sometimes We Cry by Van Morrison (apologies for cheesy video but believe me this was the least cheesy one I found after 5 minutes searching >.<). So let's start by having a big group hug on having survived it! /grouphug

We struggled on Heigan, the 4 Horsemen, Sapphiron and Kel'thuzad. Big Bad Kel is still up for grabs, though I think the only reason we didn't get him was that the raid was somewhat demoralised at that stage and just wanted to flee back to Dalaran and lick our wounds. No fret, we'll do an easy warmup kill on him first thing on Saturday, then move onto Malygos and greater glory!

A few notes:
    - For those still struggling on Heigan, don't run too far on the edges! Here's a crude but true rendition of the room: The Naxxramas Feedback Thread! - Page 3 WoWScrnShot_122208_001233
    Notice the highlighted T/Y-shaped crevices - those are the ones I use for reference. You just need to use two of these for reference, the far ones. Stay on the correct side of the top-bar of the T/Y on either side and you'll be safe!
    - The Four Horsemen. I tried offtanking the Zeliek/Blameux duo and it's very doable as a healer as long as you remember to (1) stay in melee range on Zeliek and (2) heal your paired OT on the switch.
    - Sapphiron IS presently bugged (as of 3.0.Cool and his aura ticks every second and not every 2 seconds as it used to and should do, so that's twice the raid damage to heal up, but we managed the second try. This is being hotfixed afaik! Very Happy
    - Kel'thuzad. Ranged MUST nuke the banshees, they have a knockback that will throw the raid into an alcove and very likely cause a wipe in phase 1. I'm going to say this again: healers can and should try to oneshot the little skeletons or help nuke the banshees! The little skeletons explode when they die, so they need to be killed before they reach the centre, and our ranged are busy nuking banshees so we help the group most by pitching in here. Otherwise the fight was good, considering how everyone was tired and just wanted to leave.. Smile

Finally, nice first try by Kayte on kiting the zombies Very Happy I picked up a lot of aggro when you died so decided to pickup kiting, but after the first Decimate Gluth was nearly dead anyway so it was a success! I wonder if crippling poison works on them? >Smile
    Cardinal
    Cardinal
    Big Fish

Post  Cardinal Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:50 am

Last night went okay... Except for the wipes! If we hadn't wiped so often, we would've finished Naxx with at least an hour to spare.

When we're on form we can do Naxx in 3 hours without a single wipe, so what was different last night?

To be fair, it wasn't that much of a disaster. We only wiped twice before the Four Horsemen, and we cleared the Spider Wing in 20 minutes with relative ease, but I have such high standards.

I'm not going to go through the wipes one by one assigning blame but I will be trying some solutions to stop those wipes happening again, because I'm a perfectionist. I've got some ideas about what I need to do.

In the meantime, if have any feedback I'll read it with interest! Smile
    Akari
    Akari

Post  Akari Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:00 am

Marveen wrote:For those still struggling on Heigan, don't run too far on the edges!
    Please correct me if I am wrong, but I have extrapolated from this that you believe that people are having problems because they are running too far and thereby getting hit by the Eruption. From my point of view the problem was the opposite - meaning that people were too far behind. I believe this is happening because some believe that they can just follow the group when it moves to the next safezone. The problem is that no matter how fast your internet connection is you will always be "behind" the server. If you are just following the group when it moves it is already too late. I know this from personal experience as I did the same thing the first time I encountered Heigan. You should move instantly when the poison from the Eruption is gone. Marveen's picture illustrates the Eruption zones very well.
    I don't know if this is the problem, this is just my observations from last night's raid.

Marveen wrote:I wonder if crippling poison works on them?
    I assume that Crippling Poison would work as pretty much every other snare affects them. I don't know if you are suggesting that I should try to be kiting them or just suggesting that I could run around slowing them down. Smile In either case it would probably be possible to get their attention while staying out of melee range by using Fan of Knives. Crippling Poison has a 50% chance to affect the target which means that if I were to apply Crippling Posion on both of my weapons it would theoretically make the chance of affection 100% as I throw both weapons at them. I have no idea whether this would work in practice though.

I made another discovery at Gluth though. Anesthetic Poison dispels the enrage effect. I don't how amazing that is though as I really have no clue how much the enrage inceases his damage.
    Derky
    Derky

Post  Derky Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:57 am

Cardinal wrote:Last night went okay... Except for the wipes! If we hadn't wiped so often, we would've finished Naxx with at least an hour to spare.

When we're on form we can do Naxx in 3 hours without a single wipe, so what was different last night?

To be fair, it wasn't that much of a disaster. We only wiped twice before the Four Horsemen, and we cleared the Spider Wing in 20 minutes with relative ease, but I have such high standards.

I'm not going to go through the wipes one by one assigning blame but I will be trying some solutions to stop those wipes happening again, because I'm a perfectionist. I've got some ideas about what I need to do.

In the meantime, if have any feedback I'll read it with interest! Smile

Great bit of feedback for you.

How about everyone doesn't send around shitty PM's with crappy comments in them after the raid accusing certain people of being shit or not paying attention etc etc.

That would certainly make me want to hang around a bit more than I do right now!

D
    Marveen
    Marveen

Post  Marveen Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:51 am

Derky wrote:How about everyone doesn't send around shitty PM's with crappy comments in them after the raid accusing certain people of being shit or not paying attention etc etc.

Check your PMs again! <3
    Derky
    Derky

Post  Derky Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:54 am

Marveen wrote:
    Derky wrote:How about everyone doesn't send around shitty PM's with crappy comments in them after the raid accusing certain people of being shit or not paying attention etc etc.

Check your PMs again! <3

Not actually aimed at you. Which might be a supprise Wink

D
    Marveen
    Marveen

Post  Marveen Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:22 am

Naxxramas Thursday 12th Feb.

Very impressive job by Zuzu on her first night as healing officer.. especially the finish on KelThuzad with 4 people down! We had only 18 deaths all in all (1 to Gluth, 1 to Thaddius, 5 to Heigan, 1 to the 4H, 5 to KelThuzad and the last 6 deaths to trash), which was quite epic considering how laggy things were in places.

The Gluth casualty was the kiter. The zombies have 400k (?) hp and there's no point killing them until the big doggy decimates everyone, including them, so they're down to a more manageable 40k (?). So just focus on the big dog and let the kiter run with them. No CC is needed until after the decimate. On the plus side, I'm getting used to being backup kiter, though I may need to get myself some pvp gear if it becomes a regular thing.. Smile

Thaddius - he has a wide hitbox, so you don't need to hug him (goes for everyone, not just tanks/melee! Very Happy).

Heigan was laggy - I normally don't have a problem with that fight and yet kept getting clipped on my rear branches (just over 200 ms latency on that fight). So we did well, considering.

The 4 Horsemen - each of these has a stacking debuff ("Mark of <bossname>"). They will pulse these every X seconds when someone is in range, and if no one is in range they will do a big ZOMGWTF ability that hits everyone in the room until they get a hug from someone. So remember to WATCH YOUR OWN DEBUFFS - 4+ hurts, and 6+ will kill you unless you're a pally. Having said that, I know I messed up on the north side by running to D a bit early which gave Lady "ImakeVoids" Blameux a chance to unleash her ZOMGWTF ability on the whole raid (will call the run out early next time).

A note about KelThuzad: ranged/casters PLEASE stand near the healers! Fact: I lose focus when I decide to tell you to move into healing range on Vent. When I lose focus and people get iceblocked, some people may die - and if I was just telling casters to move into range on Vent the second before 2+ people get iceblocked and die, it's very easy for me to blame you! Very Happy Healers have 4 seconds to top up iceblocked people and my fastest cast, Nourish (1.5 seconds) is NOT enough to save you - I need to use a 2 second Regrowth and that is shaving it VERY DAMN CLOSE. If KelThuzad is between you and the healers, you are out of range. Just don't use the right/southeastern half of the room after phase 1. At all. And make room for the OT and his Guardians. Tyvm.

On the subject of trash deaths - something called Dark Touched Warrior owned a fair few murlocs - they seem to be particularly fond of paladins. A quick read up on them on the Wowwiki (http://www.wowwiki.com/Dark_Touched_Warrior) reveals that they do an aggro wipe - so if you're ranged stay away so they can't reach you when they turn to you, and if you're melee stunlock and nuke.

Having said that, I think it's a record only having 18 deaths in Naxx on a given night - it inspired me to make the comments above in preparation to getting "The Undying" title.. Very Happy

--

Otherwise, I think we're SO ready for Make Quick Werk of Him (17 seconds off, again!), Spore Loser - and we can try Faerlina minus adds when we next go with 3 healers (or our DPS breaks the 20k barrier consistently, which we were damn close to doing last night!). And we can start to practice pulling abominations at Kel. And any ideas on how to do And They Would All Go Down Together (4Horsemen) - have the dps running circuits around the room, or split the dps up into 2 groups (top/bottom)? The other achievements are all 9-man Naxx, so we'll get those eventually I'm sure.
    Enthesilea
    Enthesilea

Post  Enthesilea Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:34 am

Well if you want a steady run at the four horsemen, just do your best to equalize DPS and make them rotate the whole room while having dedicated tank and healing sections for each corner. That could be the most straightforward
    Marveen
    Marveen

Post  Marveen Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:01 am

Naxxramas, Thursday 19th February

We started with the Military wing as our OT couldn't join until late. A bit of a rocky start with that quarter, but the other three wings went down easily, and we did a full clear with time to spare - well done, murlocs! Here's some general comments:

- I managed to let a Noth curse bloom for the first time evah! The damage it did was underwhelming, but still.. meh. Also realised how lazy Dahl's totems have made me - took me a while to remember what I'd hotkeyed Abolish Poison to... >.<

- Well done to Yaz for managing a full Heigan speeddance cycle without dying, and no death at Kelthuzad either... Very Happy That's very good progress.

- Solid OTing job by Squeek on the gnome's (sorry, dwarf's!) first new-Naxx run! I wondered what made you go splat at Kel at the end, and it was a nasty void that melted your face for 100k+ damage.. ouch.

- Wtf with the gargoyle phail? O.o I assume it was because half the dps were still looting Maexxna, though it was a bit surreal to have them heal to full twice - especially after laughing at that PUG in /General chat. Gimil kept a fast and smooth pace otherwise. You haven't experienced Grobbulus until you've done it DwarvenDrunkenMaster style.. Very Happy

- Speaking of loot, we are now sharding most of our stuff, which is not bad! Just remember to ask the bank for shards for weapon enchants, etc. We don't NEED the extra damage to clear, but it will help when trying for achievements (Make Quick Werk of Him anyone?) - I noticed some of our dps still struggle to maintain over 2.5k dps... Smile
    Squeek

Post  Squeek Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:14 am

Well I had my first run in Naxx last night and it was very enjoyable. Got a couple of new items too so bonus! After see the webstats I really need to work on my DPS, I know I'm a tank, but I still need to give more to overall raid DPS. I had spent the afternoon watching alot of the tankspot videos, I knew most fights from previously but hadn't done 4 horseman, saph or kel.

DK wing. I totally nubbed out on Raz as I hadn't watched this and wrongly assumed it was still priests who dealt with the adds. Quite like the new mechanic, although I need to watch the video to fully understand the process of taunting, and then taking a break between re-MCing. Gothik was somewhat a walk in the park it seems. 4 Horsemen I really enjoyed, never having done the fight before I was quite apprehensive. First pull went okay, but no healer on me for the swap and I died and then wipe, quickly resolved but second pull I didn't agro Thane quick enough and he ran to and killed Marv, lesson learned, Pull 3 and they went down.

Abomination wing, my favourite wing as when it goes smooth it goes very fast. I tanked Patch, popping an Indestructible pot just before the fight while still OOC and then a second as soon as it was up while in combat, think I needed this due to my low gear, but he went down, my initial positioning of him wasn't great, but moved him back once someone said on vent. Grobb I was thinking I'm glad I'm not lagged out like others have been complaining about all night, and then promptly DC'd, we were already on second lap and he was quite low, heard derky say on vent he'd pick up the adds so knew it was all good. I got back, but didn't get the kill so no achievement for clearing that wing. Adds are few and far between so easy enough fight for OT. Doggie was easy, just taunting when need be. Thaddius was easy, nubbed out here again and missed the jump first time, stupid short gnomish legs.

Spider wing. Anub - that was easy, he was down before second swarm and adds were so few I had it easy on picking them up. Fearlina, again I nubbed thinking this was priest MC job so needed a quick run down on it. Again this was a video I skipped watching. Maexxna, one of the few places I get vertigo, picking up the spiders isn't easy, they seem to want to run elsewhere ignoring thunderclap or other AOE threat moves on them. Tips appreciated for that.

Plague - Noth, much easier with adds just from one side. Heigan, /love the new slowmo dance. My tip for doing it, face the dias and just strafe left and right, and positioning yourself relative to the dias is easy then I find. But seriously how slow is it when he is on the dias, I was shooting him between 'splosions. I was dreading this but was quite pleasantly surprised.

Saph - I understand this to really be a healer fight, certainly just dpsing I found no problems with it.

Kel - I died here whilst tanking the adds, not sure what happened. I was fine for ages and then suddenly dead. I had thought at the time there was a battle res going on which only left one healer on Gimil at the time. But Marveen just pointed I nubbed on a void zone, I thought they only appeared close to Kel, ie near the MT, so lesson learned, always be watching for them.

All in all I really enjoyed it, some fights seem alot easier than I recall, while others still maintain the level of everyone needing to know where and when to move.
    Cardinal
    Cardinal
    Big Fish

Post  Cardinal Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:54 am

Squeek wrote: Maexxna, one of the few places I get vertigo, picking up the spiders isn't easy, they seem to want to run elsewhere ignoring thunderclap or other AOE threat moves on them. Tips appreciated for that.

Just ignore them. They're almost impossible to tank and die in seconds. Last time I did Naxx the OT helped with cocoons.

Well done Squeek, sounds like it was a very nice maiden Naxx for you.
    Gimilkhâd
    Gimilkhâd

Post  Gimilkhâd Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:08 pm

On the subject of trash deaths - something called Dark Touched Warrior owned a fair few murlocs - they seem to be particularly fond of paladins. A quick read up on them on the Wowwiki (http://www.wowwiki.com/Dark_Touched_Warrior) reveals that they do an aggro wipe - so if you're ranged stay away so they can't reach you when they turn to you, and if you're melee stunlock and nuke.

'fraid that's the old 60 Dark Touched warriors tongue

The thing that makes these new dark touched warriors kill you is their WW, it's not that bad in 10 man, in 25 man that's the one trash that wacks all your melee dps unless you take them out fast or tank them separate. A good idea for no probs whit these is to have the OT take them and stand a few yards away, or make them prio targets.

Now for the actual feedback on Thursdays run:

Maexxna, one of the few places I get vertigo, picking up the spiders isn't easy, they seem to want to run elsewhere ignoring thunderclap or other AOE threat moves on them. Tips appreciated for that.

I was the one who said "pick up the spiders". That's a truth whit modification, any dps class can kill these whitin 1 or 2 AoE attacks. The only thing to look out for is if they start hacking on our tree or other healer wich currently arnt able to toss a AoE spell. It's mostly about keeping an eye on if there's anyone who needs an intervening.

The other think to look out for on Maxxena is that she sometimes can kill the MT on the last 30%, she enrages and sometimes she is able to take down the MT in one AoE stun duration. If that happens just taunt and take her along for the rest of the ride.

Gargoyles: There was a lot of mess whit gargoyles, me pulling too early, me pulling 3 and so on. This was mainly due to stress from us wasting a lot of time in the Military wing, and so i wasted even more time. Sorry 'bout that.

Thaddius, we had someone falling off the platform this week, and we've had people falling of a few times before. This is allways the ultimate fear for me, as i play whit somewhat high latency all along. A helpful gesture is for the mages to toss a few slowfall arounds as we run to jump, it minimizes the chance for failure.

Heigan: Our best try so far, we've never been closer to the safety dance.

KT: This fight started out good, but there were a few errors. To clarify, the void zones on KT is not like the void zones in the Obsidian Sanctum. Void zones on KT is instant death. There is no case of keeping dps up or casting that last ability that is more important than moving out of them. As for Squeek dying to one that's another thing, those giant bugs actually blocks out hellowalot of the visual on that void zone. I've died tanking in all 4 bugs on a failed KT attempt in 25 man, and there were no way to see the voidzone else than some tiny red stripes from in between giant husks. So as for OT'ing you have no worries whit threat or anything else at all, it's all about taking as little dmg as possible and keeping your eyes peeled for any potential void zone. The last second of drama only adds to the joy of getting him down tough Very Happy

As for Drunken Dwarf Grobbulus dance i know my speeds a bit through the roof on Grob, that's someting i picked whit a run i did whit Olyph and Tears of the Ancient. I dont know what timers the poision had in Naxx 40 as i never raided pre-TBC, but it's 75 second. I find that moving whit speed leaves much more room along the outer walls for injected people, wich is often a problem in the last phase when the injections come more frequent. Having to detonate your injection close to another one can often be dangerous as they grow fast. And as long as all are detonated along the wall, my speed is timed for the first posions to be gone in good time before we've gone the round. I realise it was a small shock compared to our usual speed tough Smile

There is one more thing to note when moving Grobb whit speed as well, and that's for the OT to drag the adds along, so they dont get left far behind and have to catch up whit the boss each time.

I've also noted that it seems to be able for a MT to keep and add on him whitout this being a major problem, the healers would have to correct me if i'm wrong
    Akari
    Akari

Post  Akari Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:15 am

Having said that, I think it's a record only having 18 deaths in Naxx on a given night - it inspired me to make the comments above in preparation to getting "The Undying" title.. Very Happy
    Remember that the Undying achievement only refers to deaths during boss battles (Trash deaths have no impact on the achievement) which means that you can deduct some of those deaths. However, I don't think we should try aiming for the achievement until we are able to get the Safety Dance every raid. I believe we can do the other bosses without anyone dying but I have yet to experience a raid where no one died at Heigan.
    Marveen
    Marveen

Post  Marveen Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:37 am

@Squeek: First thing I check after a wipe is what caused people to die to see if healing needs tightening in places. Recount is awesome for that and lists the last minute or so of the target's combat log.. that's how I saw what got you (my first thought was also that the comres threw the healing off!). Others who've tanked the Guardians say the voids are very hard to spot, so maybe they need to be kited slightly, or have someone looking out for the OT and saying so in Vent?

@Gimil: Your pace was great that night, the Gargoyles were the only time things went a little off... Smile Another thing I forgot to do was to preannounce afk-time after each wing was cleared - so some people started taking breaks (myself included :s) halfway through the Plague quarter. Live and learn! On Grobbulus you did great too (oneshotted the boss that took us the longest to learn!), and the casters had plenty of room to move around once we got used to the pace. It was only at the start of the kite you caught the melee offguard - Grobb is a bit of an issue for us as we tend to run melee-heavy groups, and their dps always drops on this boss as they have to keep playing catchup. I suppose the MT could take an add, but I *think* they do AoE damage so it's best if they're OTed a bit away from Grobbulus? Someone correct me on this if I'm wrong.. About Thaddius, yes Slowfall/Levitate is great for making the jump (personally I use Dash in kittyform to make the jump).

@Akari: As for Heigan - we have done this achievement once (15th January), so we CAN do it! Very Happy But yeah, last night was the only other time we got even close to it. Which is progress!
    Mnemo
    Mnemo

Post  Mnemo Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:52 pm

Check out the Patchwerk WWS report.

It's Top 1000 ranked (891).
    Marveen
    Marveen

Post  Marveen Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:25 am

Wow.. that's damn awesome! I'm sure one of our record Sapph kills has been in the top 1000 too, anyone care to look through our other reports for other ranked fights? Very Happy

Now, feedback. Damn awesome raid, got two achievements done: Make Quick Werk of Him and Just Can't Get Enough. DPS was on fire last night (and Zuzuna doing 700 on Patches - how on earth?! D: ) - fantastic job!

Got very close to the Undying too - had a grand total of 11 deaths, and only 3 of those on bosses*. Heigan claimed the first casualty, and Sapphiron and Kel claimed one each (though the Kel death was while doing the achievement). I went in after the raid and showed a certain mage the moves, so with a bit of luck it's in the bag next week... Apologies for speaking demonic on Vent, but Taq's response made it worth it! Very Happy

In other news, Noth's Curse finally dropped for me!

--
    * The trash deaths were: AoEing giants after Gluth (2), death knight packs after Gothik (2), eyestalk gauntlet after Heigan (dumbass druid died twice wtf!) and Frogger (2).. :p
    Derky
    Derky

Post  Derky Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:44 am

Marveen wrote:Wow.. that's damn awesome! I'm sure one of our record Sapph kills has been in the top 1000 too, anyone care to look through our other reports for other ranked fights? Very Happy

Now, feedback. Damn awesome raid, got two achievements done: Make Quick Werk of Him and Just Can't Get Enough. DPS was on fire last night (and Zuzuna doing 700 on Patches - how on earth?! D: ) - fantastic job!

Got very close to the Undying too - had a grand total of 11 deaths, and only 3 of those on bosses*. Heigan claimed the first casualty, and Sapphiron and Kel claimed one each (though the Kel death was while doing the achievement). I went in after the raid and showed a certain mage the moves, so with a bit of luck it's in the bag next week... Apologies for speaking demonic on Vent, but Taq's response made it worth it! Very Happy

In other news, Noth's Curse finally dropped for me!

--
    * The trash deaths were: AoEing giants after Gluth (2), death knight packs after Gothik (2), eyestalk gauntlet after Heigan (dumbass druid died twice wtf!) and Frogger (2).. :p

We clearly had our best DPS out last night /flexlol

Was a really nice clean raid. My Death on Saph was partially intentional and as we had failed the achievement i decided to fuck about to see what would happen. I died! Won't happen again.

Good work everyone. We just need top 500 kills now !

D
    Akari
    Akari

Post  Akari Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:03 am

Marveen wrote:Sapphiron and Kel claimed one each (though the Kel death was while doing the achievement)
    Yeah, that was my own fault. I engaged one of the abominations with no one tanking it - the tard resisted my Cheap Shot. And then he critted me for 18.000 or so. But I wouldn't have done that if we were still going for the title.

Regarding the Sapphiron-screw-up at the pull I really don't know what happened there. I usually just charge in with Tricks of the Trade active on the tank. I assume he hadn't seen Cardinal standing there yet and I was the first to engage him and he got a hit off on me before Tricks of the Trade kicked in. I'll be more careful in the future.
    Derky
    Derky

Post  Derky Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:11 am

Akari wrote:
    Marveen wrote:Sapphiron and Kel claimed one each (though the Kel death was while doing the achievement)
    Yeah, that was my own fault. I engaged one of the abominations with no one tanking it - the tard resisted my Cheap Shot. And then he critted me for 18.000 or so. But I wouldn't have done that if we were still going for the title.

Regarding the Sapphiron-screw-up at the pull I really don't know what happened there. I usually just charge in with Tricks of the Trade active on the tank. I assume he hadn't seen Cardinal standing there yet and I was the first to engage him and he got a hit off on me before Tricks of the Trade kicked in. I'll be more careful in the future.

Forgot you died there Surprised

Probably a miss streak by who ever was tanking, It happens. Not much you can do really Sad

D
    Akari
    Akari

Post  Akari Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:56 am

Our Instructor Razuvious kill last night managed to get into the top 500, apearing as number 355. We got some insane DPS on this fight and we even got more average DPS than the Patchwerk fight. I can't help but think something is wrong. Very Happy

Here is the link for lazy-boys: http://wowwebstats.com/xhj24vmbzt53m?s=251444-261133

Gluth kill is on the top 1000 as well.
    Marveen
    Marveen

Post  Marveen Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:18 am

I messed up my timing on Abolish Poison on Maexxna making Cardinal die in the enrage and causing our first fail for the night on the Immortal achievement.. Embarassed Felt like a right noob, especially as I was just discussing with Cardinal why we don't start on the Plague quarter as we'll then cut out the suspense of making/failing the safety dance. Lesson learned: focus moar! >.<

On the upside, you all made sure to die regularly in subsequent bosses so I didn't feel so bad about messing up that early in the fight.. Cool

Akari, I also noticed dps was very high on some fights - we were only 2-3 seconds off the Patchwerk achievement and Gluth died megafast (and Kel!). And that's even with Fae nubbing around on her lock! :p Very good job.

Also thanks to everyone for your patience with Team Oracle trying a new config on the 4 Horsemen - I've never tried the bottom half of the fight (nor Zuzuna the top) so we decided to swap for educational purposes. On the successful (and very chaotic) kill attempt I realised I wasn't in the right place when, after Thane Kortazz died, I was hugging Zuzu at Lady Blaumeux. I remember thinking "if Zuzu and I are here.. omfg who's healing the main group?!!". IF we bum out on the Immortal again next week, I'd like to try this config one more time... please!
    Cardinal
    Cardinal
    Big Fish

Post  Cardinal Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:10 am

Marveen wrote:IF we bum out on the Immortal again next week, I'd like to try this config one more time... please!

Four Horsemen isn't required for the achievement, so that won't be a problem either way.

I would like to thank all for giving me the funniest raid I can remember, some of the chat on Vent had me in stitches. jocolor
    Marveen
    Marveen

Post  Marveen Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:14 am

Belated feedback on Thursday 19th March:

Thanks to Akari for MLing - the whole thing was just an elaborate plan to try to sabotage the damagemeters..

Also, awesome dps on Patchwerk even if down one damagedealer (as we had 3 healers on this run). All five did over 3.5k damage here, a really smooth job!

We only had 2 deaths on bosses on this Undying run (not counting that KT lolwipe and the 4H)! Not sure what happened on Grobbulus, or why there was a green cloud in the middle of the ranged section. But Taerix did a sterling job outside of this bit of bad luck, and it was great not to have all drops disenchanted - grats! And no, that's not an invitation for Bal to take more polearms for weapon skill.. XD The other death was Mnemo on Gothik after the gates opened, but Mnemo only joined after the achievement chase was off, so that's no biggie.

The bouncing giants of doom and their ghost minions had us for dinner again last night. I'm starting to have nightmares about that room, though it probably didn't help that we just kept pulling adds midfight :p As far as I can see the giants' knockback Stomp hits for 7-8k each (so being Stomped by 2+ giants = near certain death) and have no max range: I've tried staying as far back as I can on this pull, but still get thrown around like a broken twig. Add to that the shades' 3-4k melee swing and shadowbolt volley, plus a pack of geists or two and it's [Hudson voice]game over, man![/Hudson voice]

Very good job of regulating dps on Stalag/Feugen at Thaddius - without needing prompting you all stopped dps on the fast side and let the slow side catch up... <3 dps with brains.

On the 4H, I'm still doing something wrong when healing the bottom, entrance (= north! >.<) side of the room. All's well until the first boss dies, but then once again I ran up (= down! >.<) to Blameux and left the dps healerless. It is Rivendare <-> Zeliek after that, right?

Aside from all the 8-people Naxx achievements, I am only missing 3: Momma Said Knock You Down (kill Faerlina without dispelling enrage), Spore Loser (leave all spores up) and And They All Went Down Together (kill all 4H within 15 seconds of eachother).
    Marveen
    Marveen

Post  Marveen Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:06 am

Naxx, 26 March:

We had another two top fights (Noth and Razuvious)! Very nice work - as far as I can see we had a raidwide, sustained dps of over 15k throughout the night, which is near our record dps of 16k for this place.

Running with three ret paladins and a warlock made the night challenging from a healer perspective - especially when all did as high dps as you lot do. I can't find any specific reason why D died on Gluth, other than he lived for over 10 seconds after the decimate without getting a single heal. So I will put the blame for that on the Oracles - we need to be faster than that. Ugh.

On the Undying: we had only 4 deaths on all bosses. Gluth claimed our first, then we had two people getting zapped on Thaddius, and one death on the real KT try. The bad news is we do a courtesy wipe on Kel every week nowadays.. :] It seems to be the frost blasts and the fissures getting us - we had 8 fissure detonations, 7 of which were in the first (failed) attempt. Ouch.. Sad

It is perhaps too much to ask us to do the Undying in a single 3-hour sitting. That's the same as asking 10 players to stay alert for 3 hours - is that even doable without drugs? We seem to hit our peak after an hour or so, with performance dropping after the second hour. So let's not beat ourselves up too much about this: we did do the Safety Dance, and we did get two ranked boss kills in last night's raid.

Can we try doing the abomination wing before the spider wing next week? That way if we fail at the Undying on Grobb/Gluth/Thaddius we can try doing the Faerlina kill-while-enraged achievement... plox!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 7:34 am