Where. Murlocs. Dare

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now Available At: http://www.wheremurlocsdare.com!

+3
Derky
zuzuna
Marveen
7 posters

The Murloc Healer Thread

Dahlaine
    Dahlaine

The Murloc Healer Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Murloc Healer Thread

Post  Dahlaine Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:46 am

zuzuna wrote:
    Marveen wrote:...I think I got the calls mixed up at the end - which probably accelerated the confusion./moo

I think no vapors were getting "killed" for me to run into, that is why I transmitted SOS from time to time. Do coastrunners know who is killing what at what time? I dont think it was your calls mixed anyway

I don't think they did. Probably best to throw a shout at one of the ranged classes rather than a RW. Although Jheera said she had mana issues. Either that or any of the DPSers. Our kill was so much faster that time that I don't think losing a melee would have had a huge affect (just increased risk of getting the mark)
    Dahlaine
    Dahlaine

Post  Dahlaine Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:36 pm

Looks like Restos are getting a proper look at in the next patch anyway:

"The main buff to Chain Heal is likely to come in increasing the jump distance to 10 yards and buffing the amount of healing decrease with subsequent targets to 40% down from 50%"

"We have changed Healing Way to work better with HW and we have changed Improved Water Shield to also work with CH. We also dropped the cooldown of NS to 2 min so that you can HW more often"

Yay.

This alongside the new Totem bar makes for one happy Shaman <3.

Nothing to drastic, but baby-steps :p
    Marveen
    Marveen

Post  Marveen Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:37 am

HPS table

* = hard mode kill

Boss May 11th June 18th JuneNotes for this week's run
    Razorscale 3000 3200 3000 Back to 3 healers.
    Ignis 7500 6600 7700 Back to 3 healers.
    XT-002 4000 6300* 6400* 2 healers.
    Iron Council 8800 8300* 5400 No hardmode kill this week.
    Kologarn 7500 7200 7100
    Auriaya 5800 5700 4800
    Hodir 6700 7600 6400
    Thorim 4100 6100* 3700 No hardmode kill this week.
    Freya 5700 5800 6200* First hard mode kill.
    Mimiron "4900" "4000" "3900" Mimiron is special.
    Vezax - 2200 2700 Less is more.
    Yogg-Saron - 5900 5500
    Had a bit of an off-week, and had to give up on 2 hardmodes (Iron Council and Thorim). On the plus side we got 2 new hardmodes (FL + 2 Towers and Freya + 1 Elder), so it wasn't as bad as it looks on paper.

We're doing a lot of fights as 2 healers only: the whole Scrapyard (Razorscale, Ignis, XT-002 - all in "hard" mode) and Hodir (hard - attempts only so far). Hodir hard mode can only be done with 2 healers with our current gear. I still think it's best doing this with Zuzu as Holy - but that means you need to embrace the spec, and that means letting go of FH spam! Very Happy Please have a look at the combatlogs I posted on the hardmode feedback thread, look at what spells they use most and then come back and try to convince me that Disc is better for this fight! :p

I'd like to add Kologarn and Auriaya to our 2-healer fights, as faster kills on farm bosses mean we can spend more time wiping/learning hard modes on the Keepers, and that's where our progress is at. On Kologarn there is a lot of raidwide damage, but it's the same HPS as Ignis and we've done that with 2 healers already. On Auriaya: with a pally bombhealing and a ret judging Light we should be fine too.

A few other bosses may be doable as 2 healers only, but we're not racing time and it's safer with 3. So Freya (hard), Thorim (hard) and the Iron Council (hard) are obligate 3-man healing fights until further notice. If we discount Flame Leviathan, that leaves a few bosses we need to classify:

- Mimiron: to kill him in 8 minutes on hard mode we may need 2 healers and one offspec healer for P2 (will JoL make up for the loss of one healer on the rest of the fight?).
    - Vezax: the faster we kill him the greater the chance we won't need vapours at all and that spawns the Animus (hard mode).
    - Yogg-Saron: we'll be in a race against time to kill him in 7 minutes for the achievement, although we'll need 1-2 offspec people helping with P1 if we stick to our current strategy. Given as P1 is all about control, this should be doable.

Of these 3, Mimiron is the most urgent as he'll unlock Algalon. We may not be there yet, so don't worry that we'll be trying all of this next week! Very Happy I'd just like us to start preparing for it - what's the best way of doing this? I was thinking, that unless we run out of time again and just try to do a [Champion of Ulduar] kill on him, try throwing in extra damage and see if we can help bring the kill down to 8 minutes? What do you think?

Finally, does anyone want to volunteer to do healing assignments next week? Question
    zuzuna
    zuzuna

Post  zuzuna Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:11 am

Marveen wrote:Hodir hard mode can only be done with 2 healers with our current gear. I still think it's best doing this with Zuzu as Holy - but that means you need to embrace the spec, and that means letting go of FH spam! Very Happy Please have a look at the combatlogs I posted on the hardmode feedback thread, look at what spells they use most and then come back and try to convince me that Disc is better for this fight! :p

I checked the 2 holy (H1, H2), the Disc (D1) and mine on last Thursday (attempt 11, the longest)

H1: Binding (priest & target) + Mending + Flash = 55%
    H2: Prayer of Healing + Mending = 63%
    (they also use circle of healing 11-14%)
    D1: shield (53) + mending (21%) = 74%
    Zuz: shield 37% Flash 23% renew 17% = 77%

I must admit I can't see the light clearly, but some measures must be taken
    • Mending must be always up on the melee
      I will try again my haste gear for my holy tries: prayer takes 3 sec, too much
      More aggressive shielding when Disc
      Pain suppression or guardian spirit always on

And we will see - pls tell me your thoughts
    Marveen
    Marveen

Post  Marveen Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:44 am

zuzuna wrote:I must admit I can't see the light clearly, but some measures must be taken
    • Mending must be always up on the melee
      I will try again my haste gear for my holy tries: prayer takes 3 sec, too much
      More aggressive shielding when Disc
      Pain suppression or guardian spirit always on

And we will see - pls tell me your thoughts
    I'd make a spam macro for fights like this, so I don't forget to keep ProM flying - probably best for Holy as that spec has most talents to power it up, including the cooldown reduction, but Disc may be able to use it too:

#showtooltip
    /castsequence [mod:SELFCAST,target=player] [] reset=X Prayer of Mending, Flash Heal

Where X = cooldown on Prayer of Mending in seconds. I use something like that to keep my Swiftmend on cooldown always (I have it paired up with Nourish, the druid Flash Heal):

#showtooltip
    /castsequence [mod:SELFCAST,target=player] [] reset=15 Swiftmend, Nourish; [mod:shift] Nourish

The last clause (mod:shift etc) means I get Nourish on demand if I hold down Shift.

Not sure Prayer of Healing is so good here, as you've said yourself - the raid is all over the place. If you're going to use it, it would be to keep the melee up during the blows (and save ProM on the ranged, with all the damage it won't get wasted) and use the lightwells the moonkin puts up to halve your cast time (1.5 seconds or less on PoH).

I am after you like this because I know Holy has a lot of oomph for burst AoE healing, and with a short fight of 3 minutes mana shouldn't be an issue! Very Happy I can't give you much advice on Disc - I think you're a Disc priest at heart as it suits your playstyle and gear choices better, and you already do better as Disc even on Holy-friendly fights like Hodir!
    zuzuna
    zuzuna

Post  zuzuna Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:43 am

OK, I will cast POM as soon as the cooldown is down, not when the spell expires after the 6th target. Also the light buf may be very helpful for PoH - I was just using the fires. Embarassed
    We have to see on action where the PoM works better, melee or casters

Hodir, you die horribly next time
    zuzuna
    zuzuna

Post  zuzuna Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:12 pm

About the cleansing - healing of MT on Iron Council, hard mode:

If me and Derky do the cleansing, we must have arranged who does what: It is not productive both to spam cleanse and leave Cardinal alone, esp. on faze 3. So, I think our reaction to the "3 sec incoming" should be:

Faze III
    Zuz shields + renews and spam cleanses and then pennance which is fast
    D prepares a big heal, heals and heals

My holy alternative is
    Zuz shields and prepares a great heal
    D spams cleanse and joins healing
    Marveen
    Marveen

Post  Marveen Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:55 pm

Yeah, I think the best is to have a ret as main cleanser with one of the direct healers (Zuzu or D) as backup cleanser in case Bal misses it - Fusion Punch will tick for 20k damage. The first hit will be a near kill, but with one of you two healbombing that won't be a problem. Any more than one FP and we have a dead tank. Please remind me to assign a healer cleanser for P3 next time, in case I forget! I'll also have to be more aggressive with my HoTs in P3.

Work in progress! Smile
    Marveen
    Marveen

Post  Marveen Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:08 am

Ulduar - hardmode healing review

I'll update the HPS table next week (so we get a May vs June comparison).

Cleansing worked beautifully on the Iron Council last week - very happy to see our brick wall was so easily torn down! I think we have a solid working strategy for this one - it's now up to the Coastrunners to bring the kill home.

Hodir was also very smooth - considering the amount of effups dps were making (<.<), healing was first class! You didn't lose Gimi to those random big Frozen Blows - were you doing anything different or was it just because he used FR gear?

Now, I'm not entirely happy with how we're doing Thorim scratch I think we can remove even more RNG from this fight, there's something we're missing and once we figure it out it'll be like the cleansing on IC hardmode. Next week I'd like to try being one of the MT healers (with HoTs) in P3, which may add more buffering before the Unbalancing Strike spikes. It means I won't be able to react as fast (Rolling Eyes) to raidwide taking damage (especially deadly to ranged who can get hit by the Blizzard) - so I'm likely to put Zuzu (Disc?) on shielding the raid. Is this a good or a bad idea?

I've been looking at Mimiron and Freya+3 hardmode tactics, and all I can say is we're in for some very fun fights, especially Mimiron! Very Happy Read about them here:

- WoWwiki: Freya hard mode
    - WoWhead: Freya hard mode comments
    - WoWwiki: Mimiron hard mode
    - Wowhead: Mimiron hard mode comments (links to a good video! What a Face)
    zuzuna
    zuzuna

Post  zuzuna Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:33 pm

As for cleansing, just once I was needed and Cardinal almost died, so it was not my cleansing actions that brought results. Did D cleansed?

Hodir was a shock: The whole fight seemed wrong, like i was in drugs. There is a series of events, one after the other, but as I was preparing for one, a different one popped up out of line. And then Hodir died. What can I say, I still cant believe it

On Thorim I can shield and renew and all while dashing here and there but some people may be too far. We have to try, it's a good idea
    Marveen
    Marveen

Post  Marveen Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:31 pm

zuzuna wrote:As for cleansing, just once I was needed and Cardinal almost died, so it was not my cleansing actions that brought results. Did D cleansed?

Hodir was a shock: The whole fight seemed wrong, like i was in drugs. There is a series of events, one after the other, but as I was preparing for one, a different one popped up out of line. And then Hodir died. What can I say, I still cant believe it

On Thorim I can shield and renew and all while dashing here and there but some people may be too far. We have to try, it's a good idea
    Not sure if he did - I put you and Bal on cleansing, with D spamhealing the tanks. No comlog for the fight so I can't check.. >.<

Hodir was just.. heh. Let's try to get this lucky next time! Very Happy

I'll come up with a drawing for positioning on Hodir - with healers in the middle (between pillars) and ranged to the side, should manage to reach both.
    Balgarim
    Balgarim

Post  Balgarim Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:36 pm

I spammed the shit out of cleanse in P3 of IC HM so that might be why he didn't die =p

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 7:59 am