Where. Murlocs. Dare

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now Available At: http://www.wheremurlocsdare.com!

4 posters

The raid bank & free enchanting

Cardinal
    Cardinal
    Big Fish

The raid bank & free enchanting Empty The raid bank & free enchanting

Post  Cardinal Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:39 am

The raid bank once again has some disposable money to burn and I think it'd be a good idea to spend some money putting a few popular enchants in it, on whatever that paper is that enchanters can sell their wares with.

I'm happy to spend up to 1500g on enchanting mats + free abyss crystals.

What I need to know first is what enchants you'd most like to have in the raid bank--your top 3. They can be expensive ones such as accuracy or berserking, that's not a problem, (as long as we have the recipe you need).

So please post your top 3 enchants and I'll let you know when they're available in the raid bank, completely free of charge for all main spec characters!
    Marveen
    Marveen

The raid bank & free enchanting Empty Re: The raid bank & free enchanting

Post  Marveen Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:03 am

I don't think enchants are an issue, especially as stockpiling a certain enchant is a surefire way to jinx the Gods of RNG so you never see an upgrade for that item slot again.. >.< Also, now we have Telluria and I don't have to relog on fatso anymore, it's better to stockpile the mats for enchants imo. Having said that, it's the stuff for tier drops we'd need most, especially the chest enchant(s) as we only just got started on Y-S. Here's what I use:

- Head: buy arcanum from 1/5 WotLK faction vendors.
    - Shoulders: buy inscription from Sons of Hodir.
    - Chest: Powerful Stats (10 all stats)
    - Hands: Exceptional Spellpower (28 SP) or Major Agility (20 Agi). Precision (20 Hit rating) is a close third, although I'm replacing it as soon as I have good enough gear - Ulduar loot seems overcapped on hit anyway. Is Greater Blasting (10 Crit rating) in the game yet?
    - Legs: Brilliant Spellthread (spellpower/spirit) or Icescale Leg Armor (AP/crit).

I am not interested in bear enchants as I'm really not on top of what gear I have for that.. and I only rarely use that spec.
    Dahlaine
    Dahlaine

Post  Dahlaine Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:06 am

The chest enchant is a cert anyway. The others vary. The problem with the weapon enchants: i.e Berserking is that's a lot of crystals gone in not a lot of time.
    Telluria
    Telluria

Post  Telluria Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:29 am

I'd agree that we're better just making sure that there's a decent supply of raw materials in the raid bank to make enchants with (possibly better still, make sure there's a decent supply of raw materials being carried in the raid, since then we can pimp an item then-and-there*), in as much as I can be more or less guaranteed to be around and I know every enchant that's realistically likely to be needed (barring the two new Ulduar enchants which are possibly of interest to tanks).

*Though tier tokens are obviously not immediately usable, and there's still gems to consider - I know as Torix I always carried (partial) stacks of all the rare gems, so I could supply gems as they were needed in raids, but Marveen being a druid makes me suspect that finding 6-8 spare inventory slots might be a challenge Wink

Head and shoulder enchants are obviously dependent on individual rep.

Would be useful to stockpile some leg enchants I think, since the spellthreads at least are dependent on the crafter getting enough rep with a faction for the pattern.

Am I thinking right that there are basically four of use - int/spi, int/sta (both tailored), and ap/crit, sta/agi (both leatherworked)? They all seem to run around 250g in the AH on average which feels like it's got a fair profit margin built in, so getting the raw mats for some of those and then assembled by friendly crafters would be cunning!

Stack of belt buckles is obviously a good idea, since everyone needs and uses exactly the same thing - we have lots of blacksmiths who can bang those out I think!

Chest enchants - does anyone use anything but +10 all stats? Though even so it's just generic enchant mats, which are the same ones you'd use on gloves, boots, and most weapon enchants etc too.
    Cardinal
    Cardinal
    Big Fish

Post  Cardinal Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:48 am

Very well. I will just buy the materials, ensuring we have at least 20 of everything (crystals, dust, etc) so that there will always be the mats you need for whatever enchant you desire.

There are currently 15 or so belt buckles in the raid bank, waiting to be taken.

My alt can make the melee leg patches. Who can produce the spellthread? I will make sure we have 10 of each in the bank.

As for gems, we already have several in the raid bank, but it seems they're the unpopular cuts. I'm sure a stack of 16 strength gems would be popular. Gem cutters - what are your most in-demand cuts? I will endeavour to have at least a stack of them.
    Telluria
    Telluria

Post  Telluria Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:57 am

Can't make the threads myself (indeed, I actually just recently skilled up my warlock's tailoring to the level required to make the threads with the intent of saving myself some money, only to be scuppered by the realisation that it needs something like exalted (or was it revered) with the Kirin Tor - d'oh), though I do have a friend (Neenuvar) who I know can make them - so if there's not an immediate volunteer, I can certainly get them made.

Gem wise - I would strongly recommend just stocking up on uncut gems, and cutting as and when required; takes up far less space and guarantees you don't have the 'wrong ones' in stock. Odds of not being able to get hold of either Marveen or myself (in the guise of Torix) to get a gem cut have to be pretty slender!
    Marveen
    Marveen

Post  Marveen Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:57 am

Cardinal wrote:Who can produce the spellthread?
    My alt can make the spellthread (both).

Cardinal wrote:As for gems, we already have several in the raid bank, but it seems they're the unpopular cuts. I'm sure a stack of 16 strength gems would be popular. Gem cutters - what are your most in-demand cuts? I will endeavour to have at least a stack of them.
    That's the problem, the cut gems don't stack. Best to keep the raw gems instead.

I have between 8-10 free bagslots on me at any given time (even when fully raid stocked), so that's not an issue.. Very Happy I just burn through Scarlet Rubies, and I bet they're expensive on the AH. So, what I could use was an hour or two offpeak to farm saronite so I can prospect, or a steady supply of Frozen Orbs from heroics, which I can use to transmute 9 green-quality gems into 2-4 rare quality gems. That ability is on a daily cooldown however, so I can only do one conversion a day.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 10:33 pm