Where. Murlocs. Dare

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now Available At: http://www.wheremurlocsdare.com!

2 posters

Raid Leading and some questions

Marveen
    Marveen

Raid Leading and some questions Empty Raid Leading and some questions

Post  Marveen Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:15 am

WoW.com linked to this nice blog article on Guild Leadership and it inspired me to start a discussion on how WMD is working.

I'd say our biggest problem at the moment is attendance. We have no real way of tracking attendance, as signup threads get removed after a raid (not necessarily a bad thing!). We have the combatlogs, but they don't list reservists who did sign up but couldn't come to a full raid. I do know that Cardinal has been watching attendance closely of late. So my question is, do we need a formalised way of tracking attendance?

I could post an audit of attendance (= raid participation) in the months since Ulduar came out - but I'm not sure that would help address the issue.

So, opinions plx!
    Cardinal
    Cardinal
    Big Fish

Raid Leading and some questions Empty Re: Raid Leading and some questions

Post  Cardinal Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:25 am

There are no minimum attendance requirements in WMD, nor will there be. The thought of recording attendance on a spreadsheet makes me shudder.

People who can't raid very often will be demoted to 'reserve' players, but that is just temporary, and if they start raiding regularly, I'll promote them back to full member straight away.

I don't think we can make sound judgements about attendance during exam season, when Derky's PC is broken.

Also, if everybody who had been invited to join WMD over the last 2 weeks had actually stayed, we would be fine. We have had some bizarre luck with applications lately.

Our only problem is that we have 3-4 regular DPS when we need at least 5, possibly 6 to ensure we're never short. Wait till we have 2 more active DPSers who can sign up regularly before making conclusions. Smile

Then we can start worrying about over attendance. Wink

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 4:07 am