Where. Murlocs. Dare

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now Available At: http://www.wheremurlocsdare.com!

+3
Gimilkhâd
Mnemo
Marveen
7 posters

Consumables for Ulduar

Marveen
    Marveen

Consumables for Ulduar Empty Consumables for Ulduar

Post  Marveen Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:08 am

We raid casually, meaning we only raid a limited number of nights a week. I will gladly flask up, eat buff foods (buff foods are easy to farm and make) and stock up on mana pots, but I personally draw the line at buff pots - I don't have a herbalist/alchemist who can make Northrend pots (yet!), so having to reapply a pot after each wipe brings the game into the domain of "not casual"... Very Happy

Normally I save my food buffs for when I sense the raid is "nearly there", just needing a bit of luck to down the boss. We're likely to get a lot more moments like that in Ulduar, so I am looking to build a small stockpile of the following consumables:

- Flask: Flask of Pure Mojo (mp5)
    - Food: Cuttlesteak (spirit) / Fish Feast (AP, spellpower, stamina)
    - Pots: Runic Mana Potion

That means I will go on a fishing expedition soon, so if anyone has any special wishes for food buffs they'd like, please let me know now! I can cook up all the items in black font on this list: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pbOBtAGDg3ZjJGzcUWyHVSA&gid=2 so if you don't want to shell out on buff foods through the AH, you can bring me meat from Northrend beasts if you want any of the other special buff foods made. I am not at the point where I have Northrend Spices to burn yet (still saving the daily tokens to buy all the recipes), but my priest can turn in her tokens for 10 Northrend Spices each.

If I don't get any special wishes, I'll just farm enough mats to make a stack of Fish Feasts, and hope I get the skill points needed to prepare those before Ulduar comes out.. Very Happy
    Mnemo
    Mnemo

Consumables for Ulduar Empty Re: Consumables for Ulduar

Post  Mnemo Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:50 am

Well, you don't have to worry about pots anymore, as Flasks count as guardian and battle elixirs... making buffing pots useless if you are flasking.

For my part, I try to always have a flask up in raids (though I might not apply another if there's under 30 minutes estimated time left in the night - though this probably will change with the 1h Flasks in 3.1), as well as enough Mega Mammoth Meals to keep me rolling all night - which is pretty easy for me to farm, AoE-murdering the mammoth packs outside Nifelheim.

Dragonfin Filet would be the ultimate in food for me, but I've not managed to get myself to high-enough fishing yet.
    Gimilkhâd
    Gimilkhâd

Post  Gimilkhâd Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:34 am

When 3.1 launches so does the new turtle mount that drops from any fishing pond in Northrend. AND I WANT IT!

But, that also meen i'll probable farm enough fish feasts to carry us all the way to Icecrown Citadel, so as for fish feasts i'll take care of that come Uludar. There are a few classes who may still want some other types of food though, but at least you know the fish feasts are sorted.
    Derky
    Derky

Post  Derky Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:45 am

Flask of Mojo Mp5 Pot

Tip - DO NOT MAKE ANY PRE 3.1 as in the patch all flasks are changed to 1 hour. Not 2. You also get 2 flasks per 1 mix of mats so you don't loose anything from the change.

I do believe there will be a way to change any pre made flasks into this format but I aint seen any 100% word on that yet.

Regarding pots, if people bring me the fish and vials ill supply the herbs. I have enough fish for about 200 flasks at the moment so don't go all crazy. Aslong as my fish supply is kept up ill bring flasks to the raid for the healers. Gives me something to do....

Regarding Melee flasks, I can supply everything apart from the fire thingy what ever its called. I've been farming for this before and found one in 3 hours. Its just a silly herb. Ill go camp it again sometime when I can be arsed.

Tanking flask i can't remember whats in it off the top of my head but ill prob have the mats for a few hundred.

Spell flask is very expensive, I can help with the mats but making that on large scale will cost a fortune.

D
    Marveen
    Marveen

Post  Marveen Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:55 am

Derky wrote:...
    Regarding pots, if people bring me the fish and vials ill supply the herbs. I have enough fish for about 200 flasks at the moment so don't go all crazy. Aslong as my fish supply is kept up ill bring flasks to the raid for the healers. Gives me something to do....
    Spell flask is very expensive, I can help with the mats but making that on large scale will cost a fortune.
    The thing about flasks and pots being interchangeable sounds really great - even the "nerfed" flasks that only last an hour - so good news there.

I was considering the spellpower flask, but it takes twice the amount of herbs and they're probably rare so I decided to take advantage of the majillion pygmy suckers I keep fishing up anyway. So I'll save them for you D so you can make pygmy oil, which I imagine is a process not unlike this:

Derky
    Derky

Post  Derky Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:02 am

The herbs are not really rare to be honest. Lichbloom takes about 30 mins to farm 20 if you know where to go, icethorn I have farmed over a 100 in 1 hour. Its more the amount of herbs they require vs the time. 125 spell power is really not all that much to a healer but i guess to a casters its not so bad. Though, if I was arcane for example I think I would get the Mp5 flask.

D
    Dahlaine
    Dahlaine

Post  Dahlaine Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:27 am

D, what do you need to make Endless Rage? Think I'll farm them now that I can afford to lose out on some hit.
    Derky
    Derky

Post  Derky Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:06 am

Dahlaine wrote:D, what do you need to make Endless Rage? Think I'll farm them now that I can afford to lose out on some hit.

Fire Leaf. Its a complete shit to farm.

D
    Derky
    Derky

Post  Derky Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:16 am

Derky wrote:
    Dahlaine wrote:D, what do you need to make Endless Rage? Think I'll farm them now that I can afford to lose out on some hit.

D

Flask of Endless Rage - Now requires 3xGoldclover instead of 3xFire Leaf

W00t that makes that potion soooooooooooooo easy to farm. <3

D
    Dahlaine
    Dahlaine

Post  Dahlaine Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:04 am

Derky wrote:
    Derky wrote:

D

D

Just Goldclover? Nothing else? Surprised. If so I'll stock up. Guess that's a 3.1 change?
    Derky
    Derky

Post  Derky Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:27 am

Dahlaine wrote:
    Derky wrote:
    Derky wrote:

D

D

Just Goldclover? Nothing else? Surprised. If so I'll stock up. Guess that's a 3.1 change?

Gold glover and erm - Runs off to WoWhead...

Lichbloom and Frost Lotus. I have 40 something Frost Lotus' not that hard to farm really. Lichbloom can be a bitch but got a few hundred atm

D
    Kayte
    Kayte

Post  Kayte Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:56 am

My supar sekrit lichbloom (and icethorn) farming spot is around Dun Niffelheim (and the nearby lake with frozen giants). I can collect a stack without problems when running around for the Hodir dailies.
    Derky
    Derky

Post  Derky Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:42 am

Kayte wrote:My supar sekrit lichbloom (and icethorn) farming spot is around Dun Niffelheim (and the nearby lake with frozen giants). I can collect a stack without problems when running around for the Hodir dailies.

Oo might try that out later.

I tend to use Wintersgrasp or far east of Stormpeaks. Wintersgraps is also good for Frost Lotus as its classed as a Level 82 area the chance of frost lotus and pure frost lotus drops is higher.

D
    Dahlaine
    Dahlaine

Post  Dahlaine Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:45 am

I'll probably come on today and farm some herbs then and get the flasks off you after 3.1 then Smile
    Marveen
    Marveen

Post  Marveen Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:33 am

Thanks to everyone who's been helping to farm for Fish Feasts (and for the Great Feasts posted by many).

We're using about 15 Fish Feasts a night (I don't put them out for trash mobs or for first attempts on bosses). Each feast uses 2 each of three kinds of fish plus a Northern Spice. I have over 100 spices stored up, so that's at least two weeks of feasts stored up, plus I get 3-6 spices daily from the quest - I am storing Marveen's daily cooking tokens for the Chef's Hat achievement, but I will still farm the dailies on Ênani.

At the moment the farming roster is:

- Glacial Salmon (Grizzly Hills): Zuzuna
    - Nettlefish (Sholazar Basin): Marveen, Derky
    - Musselback Sculpins (Borean Tundra): Dahlaine
    - Northern Spices (daily tokens): Marveen

I'm putting all fish I get into the WMD bank, and cooking up batches before raids. If you aren't on the farming roster above and want to contribute to the feasts, you can work on getting your cooking to 400 so you can do the daily cooking quest (for tokens/spices) and in the near future donate 10 spices to the bank.

Last edited by Marveen on Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    Derky
    Derky

Post  Derky Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:57 am

I am also farming fish, just not sent them over yet. I do it as I quest / get spare time, which is rare at the moment. Nettlefish is the easiest for me to get so ill send some over later.

D
    Marveen
    Marveen

Post  Marveen Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:29 am

Updated the roster then, D.. and don't worry about fishing, you're already well busy on the flask/potion roster!
    Balgarim
    Balgarim

Post  Balgarim Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:13 pm

After doing todays daily fishing quest to gather some fish from Wintergrasp, I noticed that the drop rate for Glacial Salmon, Musselback Sculpin and Nettlefish seems to be exceedingly high. You may notice those fish are the ingredients required, bar the spice, for the Fish Feast meal.

After 10 minutes I had managed to gather enough fish for 3 feasts. The fish can be caught from any lake/river/pool/pond you find in Wintergrasp so if you want to fish undisturbed, as it is a PVP place after all, then I would suggest finding a nice quiet spot in the corners somewhere as I have already had the pleasure of being ganked once.
    Balgarim
    Balgarim

Post  Balgarim Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:29 pm

Update: I have been fishing for around 50 minutes now and I have enough mats to make a minimum of 20 fish feasts. I would say thats much quicker than specific zone farming.
    Marveen
    Marveen

Post  Marveen Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:54 pm

Amazing discovery - this really takes the pain out of making those feasts! Thank you so much for sending them all, the bank now has over 50 ready to roll (about a week's supply).. and thank you for the spices!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 3:11 am