Where. Murlocs. Dare

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now Available At: http://www.wheremurlocsdare.com!

+8
Kayte
zuzuna
Cardinal
Mnemo
Li
Marveen
Dahlaine
Derky
12 posters

New Patch notes released

Derky
    Derky

New Patch notes released Empty New Patch notes released

Post  Derky Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:15 am

Rejoice, or cry.

http://www.wowhead.com/?patchnotes=3.0.8-ptr

Some interesting changes and some very bad ones for some class's...

D
    Dahlaine
    Dahlaine

New Patch notes released Empty Re: New Patch notes released

Post  Dahlaine Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:42 am

Looks like I'm getting a tiny buff to AoE damage with those totem changes. Still it's hardly anything. Hopefully they'll do something a little more significant in the future.
    Marveen
    Marveen

Post  Marveen Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:08 am

No class-destroying changes for resto druids as far as I can see. I like the buffs to spirit forms! Very Happy
    Li
    Li

Post  Li Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:56 am

Nice buffs for Blood, Especially the heart strike change, the haste debuff was worthless.
    Mnemo
    Mnemo

Post  Mnemo Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:40 pm

D:

Today:

Frost

* Killing Machine now gives Your melee attacks a chance to make your next Icy Touch, Howling Blast or Frost Strike a critical strike. (Old - 10/20/30/40/50% from critical strike)

Unholy

* Virulence now reduces the chance that your damage over time diseases can be cured by 10/20/30%. (Old - Affected all spells)
    * Necrosis now give your auto attacks an additional 4/8/12/16/20% shadow damage. (Up from 2/4/6/8/10%)
    * Summon Gargoyle now persists up to 30 seconds (Down from 1 minute). Damage from Gargoyles has been reduced from 64-86 to 51-69.
    * Anti-Magic Zone now lasts up to 10 seconds. (Down from 30 seconds)

Can this mean the end of the DK infestation?

I doubt it.
    Marveen
    Marveen

Post  Marveen Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:27 am

Autoattacks doing more damage, Icy Touch procs - are they trying to make Haste useful to DKs?
    Mnemo
    Mnemo

Post  Mnemo Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:03 am

Yeah, almost.

In a turn of irony: Haste is a staple (but not more important than Hit (to 9% melee)Strength > AP > Crit) , as currently, the entire point of Dual Wielding is getting Killing Machine procs (and using them on Howling Blast), and the best way to do that is to spam attacks to get as many crits as possible.

Currently, Killing Machine has a 50% chance to procc on a crit.

Killing Machine makes the next Howling Blast, Icy Touch or Frost Strike to become a critical strike.

And as Howling Blast is a very powerful attack to begin wtih, guaranteeing a crit almost every attack is ... good!

On an interesting note, using the WWS report, I find that yesterday I had 63% overall crit on Howling Blast, 60% crits on Icy Touch - with 373 Killing Machine Procs - or ~5.8 PPM.
    According to a blue poster, the new KM will be a PPM on melee attacks, at 5 PPM at Max rank.

Early tests from PTR report that it's 5 PPM *per weapon*... which could be a buff (for me, probably not the top-geared DKs out there).
    What it could mean, however, is that my fast/fast weapon setup is no longer any good at all.... but I'll need to test/read up on experiments before I can answer that.

Yeah, overkill.

As for the patch, I'm not convinced that the Necrosis tweak is a buff specific for Dual Wielding.
    Cardinal
    Cardinal
    Big Fish

Post  Cardinal Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:58 am

3.1 notes are here at last:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/

For me, I can't wait. Several minor but nice Prot Pally buffs that will all add up, though most of them are just to make soloing stuff as Prot easier to do, and considering dual specs are coming (if you pay 1000g) I won't need to solo anything as Prot again. But with threat becoming an issue again now you folks do 2k damage, extra damage is always nice.
    Marveen
    Marveen

Post  Marveen Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:56 am

Not much for tree druids, except a slightly buffed pink paw and a majorly buffed Faerie Fire vs armoured mobs. Living Seed should heal for more when it lands, or less - not entirely sure how the change will work.

As for dual spec, still not sure what the alternative will be - I've got a nearly full set of boomkin gear, half a set of kittyferal gear. But perhaps I should try a direct-healer hybrid spec - or a feral hybrid spec for OTing? Decisions..
    Derky
    Derky

Post  Derky Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:43 am

Had a quick browse, looks good. Interesting changes to prot.

Dual spec's 1k gold is a bit much, but I guess gold is cheap nowadays really. Still looking forward to that and a working gear manager!

D
    Dahlaine
    Dahlaine

Post  Dahlaine Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:11 am

Plenty of good changes for Shamans in there. <3 the Spirit Weapons change. Now I can combat that threat reduction trinket Card clearly uses on me Suspect

Have the PTR downloading but have been waiting since Friday on the Character Copy to go through, it's amazing how long that thing can be "pending" for. Forum posts having the same problem, all Blizzard have said is "be patient", the waiting time however is current 27 days. Could be a while before I get to test anything :p. However there are those who copied their character moments before the PTR went live and are already online. Guess I was just unlucky.

Either way, looks like it should be a lot of fun.

Ulduar looks great Smile
    zuzuna
    zuzuna

Post  zuzuna Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:46 am

Interesting additions for holy priests -are we in for a slaughter in Ulduar?
    Most important:

A glyph that lowers Guardian Spirit's CD to 60 seconds (WOW!) (The spirit increases the healing received by the target by 40%)

Prayer of Healing is now a targeted spell that heals the target's party.

Circle of Healing increased 40%.

Improved Holy Concentration removed from the game, replaced by increase in mana regen - it was useful to have and kept us entertained (quick! choose what to do with the free cast!)

As for dual, well, maybe I should try discipline but I dont know yet - as for Shadow.. I can't imagine we will have at our raids a surplus of healers together with a famine in dps'ers Shocked
    Marveen
    Marveen

Post  Marveen Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:43 am

Blue post on official forums, listing Patch Notes for 3.1:

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=8136495630

Not sure if they'll update it when the next build is up, this one's dated Tuesday 24th February.
    Cardinal
    Cardinal
    Big Fish

Post  Cardinal Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:29 am

I saw an important blue post today - Badges of Valor (the 25-man badges) will drop in 10-man Uldaur.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/12/15199337843-buying-emble-of-valor-using-emblem-of-heroism.html

Good news! Though to be fair, they won't be any better than 10-man Uldaur lootz.
    Marveen
    Marveen

Post  Marveen Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:07 am

Loads of juicy talk of a new healer legendary weapon (Val'anyr, Gavel of Kings), but it seems this item only drops in 25-man Ulduar.

Boo.

Not that it'd matter, as treeform wouldn't let it show... /sourgrapes
    Marveen
    Marveen

Post  Marveen Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:11 am

New updated PTR patch notes (found through MMO-Champion):

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/test-realm-patchnotes.html

I particularly like the changes to professions, further reducing annoyance factors (like faster fishing/mining/herbing/skinning, for example); the merging of quest and achievement tracking (yay for adding "on use" quest items to the tracker!); and clam meat now stacks properly! XD

I don't like that they've halved the regen granted by Spirit though... Sad
    Kayte
    Kayte

Post  Kayte Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:31 am

Boo to the improved scorch/winter's chill nerf Sad
    Dahlaine
    Dahlaine

Post  Dahlaine Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:42 am

Just lots of elemental changes and PvP changes my end. Based on what I've seen on the PTR I think they're pretty happy with Enhancement DPS in PvE, still won't be able to really test anything until we're in Ulduar.
    Akari
    Akari

Post  Akari Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:48 pm

3.1 announced to go live tomorrow:

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/1/16365836582-extended-maintenance--414.html

Official patch notes:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?page=835
    Cardinal
    Cardinal
    Big Fish

Post  Cardinal Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:52 am

BRING DA PAIN!

I will be updating the raid signup section today at some point.

We will be raiding Ulduar tomorrow. jocolor rendeer afro
    Marveen
    Marveen

Post  Marveen Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:59 am

Cardinal wrote:jocolor rendeer afro
    O.o

WOOOOOOOOOO!!!! *starts sticking twigs and leaves back on*
    Marveen
    Marveen

Post  Marveen Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:25 am

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/test-realm-patchnotes.html

Note: Replenishment is being nerfed (as I was told politely on the druid forum). 1% total mana per 5 seconds = 0.2% mana per second. The current Replenishment buffs grant 0.25% mana per second. This makes a lot more sense to me considering the changes..
    Telluria
    Telluria

Post  Telluria Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:15 am

Some interesting changes...

After being told that they hadn't liked the system at the end of BC where people were running heroics for badgers of justice to get BT/Hyjal-equivalent badge gear, and thus implemented the multi-tiered emblems that we have now...
    * Both the 10 and 25 player instances of the Crusaders' Coliseum drop a new Emblem of Triumph.
    * Any dungeons that previously dropped Emblems of Heroism or Valor, such as Naxxramas or Heroic Halls of Stone, will now drop Emblems of Conquest instead. Emblems of Conquest can still be converted to Valor or Heroism.
    * The heroic dungeon daily quest will now reward 2 Emblems of Triumph and the normal daily dungeon quest will reward 1 Emblem of Triumph.
    * The existing achievements to collect 1, 25, 50, etc. Emblems of Heroism, Valor, and Conquest have been converted to Feats of Strength since Heroism and Valor Emblems are no longer attainable.
    * New achievements have been added to collect various amounts of any combination of emblems.
    So you can now run heroics for badges that will buy you two pieces of T8.25... and if you do the normal and heroic daily dungeon quests for long enough you'll presumably be able to get some T9 (!).

Invisibility: Can no longer be interrupted by a hostile action or damage done during the 3 second fade time, however an invisible mage can still be stunned or silenced.
    Nice change, it was certainly annoying to get your invisibility cancelled by some piddly bit of random damage coming in.

* Character names can now be colorized according to class in the chat frame through an interface option in the Development settings.
    Addon function baked into the base UI.
    * Druids will now be able to see their mana bars when shape-shifted.
    * Item Comparisons: Holding the shift key while hovering over an item will now display the stat differences with the item currently equipped in the relevant slot.
    * Macros and scripts will no longer be able to target totems by name.
    I wonder how long shamans have been asking for / suggesting that one... hardly seems like the mindbendingly hard to implement thing that Blizzard were talking about which is why it's taken so long to happen.
    * Quest creatures and objects will now show on the player's world map.
    As though it wasn't enough putting HUGE SPARKLIES on quest objects, and listing creatures' impact on quests in your tooltips?
    * The quest log is now double-paned for more easily viewing quest information.
    * Vendor prices will now be listed on items whether or not players are at a vendor.

Flask of the North increases your spell power, attack power or Strength for 1 hour and is usable in arenas. It is not consumed when used.
    Seems weird that it can provide strength, but not agility?

Five new epic gem transmute recipes are available from the Northrend trainer. The recipe for transmuting a Cardinal Ruby can be learned from a quest, given by Linzy Blackbolt in Dalaran.
    ...since let's be honest, it's the red gems that will really excite everyone Smile

The Ultrasafe Bullet Machine and Saronite Arrow Maker schematics have been simplified to create a full stack of the appropriate ammunition. No longer requires an anvil. Reduced the materials required to make this ammunition.
    Anything that makes my ammo costs cheaper rates for a woo and a yay...

Randomly generated uncommon (green) and rare (blue) quality items in Wrath of the Lich King had stat values that were lower than intended. All Wrath of the Lich King uncommon and rare items with random suffixes ("of the Bear") have had their stat values increased significantly.
    o.O They've only just noticed that they were lower than intended? After WLK's been out for how long?
    Marveen
    Marveen

Post  Marveen Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:48 am

Telluria wrote:
    Randomly generated uncommon (green) and rare (blue) quality items in Wrath of the Lich King had stat values that were lower than intended. All Wrath of the Lich King uncommon and rare items with random suffixes ("of the Bear") have had their stat values increased significantly.
    o.O They've only just noticed that they were lower than intended? After WLK's been out for how long?
    Guess they figured no one cared as Naxx25 was the great loot pinata it was.
    Taminak
    Taminak

New Patch notes released Empty Onwards and Upwards!

Post  Taminak Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:10 am

So, though no new models have been brought out yet, seems most of the Tier pieces for 10man, 25 man and the Herioc counterparts have been released and placed onto MMO Champion.

Should give us a general idea of what we can expect, though no doudt tweaks will occur.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=67386.0

So, discuss...
    Are we excited about this Alliance/Horde model for each tier?
    Do we have any worries or grievances with the stats and benefits of the new Tiers
    OR
    is this information being released far too early for our liking?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 3:46 am