Where. Murlocs. Dare

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now Available At: http://www.wheremurlocsdare.com!

+9
Marveen
Faehla
Blobb
Mnemo
Derky
Skathi
Dahlaine
Kayte
Cardinal
13 posters

Suggested Improvements For All Members

Cardinal
    Cardinal
    Big Fish

Suggested Improvements For All Members Empty Suggested Improvements For All Members

Post  Cardinal Tue May 05, 2009 11:06 am

Armoury Police busting down yo house, whoop whoop!

I have used http://be.imba.hu/ to spy on you all and see who is covered in fail sauce.

Several of us are missing obvious things that with a few easy changes can make your character more powerful than ever. In some cases the changes would be enough to take you from the bottom of the DPS meters to the top.

These aren't rules. Nobody is going to be kicked for not changing, but I want to know what your excuse is if you don't change. Convince me and I'll be happy. If the website is in error, let me know.

Trust me, I am not escaping judgement. I'm not posting this to pick holes in people, I won't blame or mock anybody for it. I'm just assuming these are things you overlooked/forgot about and wouldn't mind hearing the truth. Smile

-------------------------------------

ULTIMATE BAD ASSES (No serious issues!) - Last Updated 6/5/09
    Taqwa
    Dahlaine
    Marveen
    Zuzuna
    Skathi
    Akari
    Kayte
    Faehla
    Telluria
    Taminak
    Aldan

COULD NOT BE CHECKED (Weren't in main spec gear!)
    Derky
    Gimi

CARDINAL:
    Low melee hit! You have 2%. You need 8%
    Missing enchants: Cloak

BLOBB:
    You are over-capped for hit. You have 9% (only need 8%)

FAEHLA:
    No belt buckle!
    You are over-capped for hit. You have 11% (only need 8%)
    Missing enchants: Helm, chest, shoulders
    You have a bad enchant on your boots (health and mana regen)

TAERIX:
    No belt buckle!
    Missing enchants: Helm
    Low spell hit! You have 5% spell hit. You need 17%!
    You have a bad enchant on your shoulders

LI:
    You are over-capped for hit. You have 9% (only need 8%)
    Missing enchants: Chest, boots, bracers, cloak

BALGARIM:
    Missing enchants: Cloak, shoulders

Thoughts...

If you have more than 3 missing enchants, you are missing out on a serious DPS/healing upgrade equivalent to gaining an extra gear slot.

Kayte, if you were spell hit capped, I think you would be 1st or 2nd on DPS.

I need more hit.

Last edited by Cardinal on Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:27 pm; edited 5 times in total
    Kayte
    Kayte

Suggested Improvements For All Members Empty Re: Suggested Improvements For All Members

Post  Kayte Tue May 05, 2009 11:22 am

Aye, guilty as charged. I switch to 250 hit for raiding gear (armory has me in farm gear I imagine), so I need to find another +100 to get the 14% needed for my FFB build. I suspect the VH trinket is the answer here.
    Dahlaine
    Dahlaine

Suggested Improvements For All Members Empty Re: Suggested Improvements For All Members

Post  Dahlaine Tue May 05, 2009 11:41 am

I'm relatively sure a lot of members are waiting for gear upgrades. I made the mistake of wasting 1000g on a Berserking enchant which I replaced within a week. :p.

Useful site though. My slot bonuses are all over the place at the moment in an attempt to cap Hit/Expertise.
    Skathi
    Skathi

Post  Skathi Tue May 05, 2009 12:34 pm

Was going for the agi on that leg enchant, rather than the tanking aspect of it Very Happy I'll have a look at what other ones I've got to put on there, I can never remember And I never notice the metagem! I did a mass regemming to get my hit back up when I got the new chest, and didn't think of the meta gem at all.

*off to fiddle with mah Dorf*

And there, all sorted. Hurrah!
    Derky
    Derky

Post  Derky Wed May 06, 2009 7:33 am

Kayte wrote:Aye, guilty as charged. I switch to 250 hit for raiding gear (armory has me in farm gear I imagine), so I need to find another +100 to get the 14% needed for my FFB build. I suspect the VH trinket is the answer here.

PVP trinket offers a shit load of hit. Can't remember the name off hand but I think it has 90 something hit. But yes its PVP...

D
    Mnemo
    Mnemo

Post  Mnemo Wed May 06, 2009 7:51 am

Oh, there's plenty wrong with my gear!
    1) there are some hit rating
    Issues. Currently a bit high (though that's excusable with the number of spells I cast)
    2) I'm far under the recomended expertise rating.
    3) I'm trying to figure out which of my trinkets I should be using:
    Grim toll: as blood, armor penetration is very favored, ranked just under strenght in importance, but it also includes more hit rating than I can remove from other gear.
    Fury of the Five Flights: my personal feeling is that it takes too much time to 'wind it up', and the buff falls off too easily too be reliable in fights where melee offer to move - but is most likely a great candidate for patchwerk style fights.
    The badge-mirror: when in doubt... Can always use more crit rating and AP.
    (To clarify: I'm using Darkmoon card: Greatness as my primary trinket, it's the secondary I haven't been able to decide on quite yet.)
    4) i'm trying to motivate myself to swap mining to jewelcrafting for the ultimate in socketing, but till i get another alt with epic flying (who can mine) that is very hard to motivate...

I'm approaching 4k AP unbuffed, which is fun Very Happy
    Also, I'm looking forward to replacing my hunter weapon Wink
    Cardinal
    Cardinal
    Big Fish

Post  Cardinal Wed May 06, 2009 8:44 am

Kayte wrote:Aye, guilty as charged. I switch to 250 hit for raiding gear (armory has me in farm gear I imagine), so I need to find another +100 to get the 14% needed for my FFB build. I suspect the VH trinket is the answer here.

I can't find the figure now, but I read somewhere that 1% spell hit is worth at least 30 spell damage.

So if you swapped your spell damage gems for +hit gems, although you'd lose spell damage, you would actually gain more DPS.

Something to consider.
    Blobb
    Blobb

Post  Blobb Sat May 09, 2009 10:59 am

Yea, I have alot of hit.
    Simply because the best tank gear I have.. just.. seem to have alot of hit on it. I have nothing to upgrade with that will lower my hit.
    Also, it's nice to know I'm safe to upgrade my hitgear without any losses. Smile
    (my 8hit rating/8stam gem will be replaced, but that isn't the cause of my high hit. Had forgotten about that old gem)
    Faehla
    Faehla

Post  Faehla Sat May 09, 2009 11:55 am

Yeah I was working on my bits and pieces. Got Rawr, improved on such. Only missing shoulder enchant (working on Hodir) and belt buckle now. A little over hit cap still but that can't be helped.
    Marveen
    Marveen

Post  Marveen Sat May 09, 2009 5:56 pm

Got my boomkin set working, only 0.05% off the hit cap..

/mourn kittypaws
    Dahlaine
    Dahlaine

Post  Dahlaine Sun May 10, 2009 9:43 am

Heroic Presence Marv Wink
    Derky
    Derky

Post  Derky Sun May 10, 2009 10:51 am

http://be.imba.hu/?zone=EU&realm=Earthen+Ring&character=Derky

Thats mine, whines about a couple of enchants, Yes they could be upgraded, but tiny improvements that cost too much gold atm

D
    Marveen
    Marveen

Post  Marveen Sun May 10, 2009 11:15 am

Dahlaine wrote:Heroic Presence Marv Wink
    Pretty sure I included spacegoatery in that - I need 17 (16% with HP), I get 4 + 3 from talents so I need 9%. At least I have excuses for faildps! >.>
    Dahlaine
    Dahlaine

Post  Dahlaine Sun May 10, 2009 11:22 am

My Shaman is meant to be spellcapped even as Enhancement and I'm only on 14% so and that equates to maybe 20 misses overall in an entire raid for spells, so you'll probably be fine Smile.
    Kayte
    Kayte

Post  Kayte Sun May 10, 2009 12:12 pm

14.5% hit with talents now, so still a couple of % to go.
    Mnemo
    Mnemo

Post  Mnemo Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:38 pm

Probably time to do another sound of this.
    I'll try to do something for the DPS, if I remember when I get home...

So log out with DPS specs and gear! ...and hope that I remember. :p
    Dahlaine
    Dahlaine

Post  Dahlaine Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:19 am

Taq forgot Surprised.

From what I can see these people can be added to the top list:

Kayte
    Faehla
    Telluria
    Taminak
    Aldan
    Balgarim (once he's bought the Shoulder enchant.. Rolling Eyes )
    Mnemo
    Mnemo

Post  Mnemo Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:13 am

Time again, again only doing the DPS.
    I've decided to include all "Team A", "Team B" and "Team C" members listed as "DPS" on the member list.
    I'm a bit unsure how valuable this will be for some - however, to not exclude or point fingers at anyone - I'm looking at *everyone* listed as DPS - this may mean that the "Team C" players may get a lot of comments)

Reminder that this is just running be.imba.hu on your characters, which is fundamentally flawed, in that it will only spot places where your character has an actual problem with it's gear - it rarely reports minor problems, and it is often out of date compared to the "latest theorycrafting".

Continual research into rotations, gearing strategies and keeping on top of enchanting new gear is the only real way to stay at the top of your game.

(And ps. please don't see this as any sort of "BIG BROTHER IS WAITING FOR YOU TO SLIP UP!" This is for the benefit of the raidgroup, and yourself - and yes, if there is a problem with my character, I will list that as well Razz)

I'm also chosing to include the PVE score for reference.
    On enchantments, I will add a tag, (minor) and (incorrect) depending on how be.imba.hu lists the problems.

Balgarim (DPS) - http://be.imba.hu/?zone=EU&realm=Earthen+Ring&character=Balgarim
    No major problems.
    Metagem appears to be active.
    The site complains about expertise enchantment on bracers and gauntlets, but I think it's ok - might be worth replacing the last red gems with expertise gems instead, though. *shrug* Not really a problem.
    Overcapped hit: 9.64% > 8% (safe to reduce by 53 HR) - especially with a Shaman... which we can't guarantee we'll have.
    Has greatness.
    (PVE gear score: 518.01)

Dahlaine (DPS) - http://be.imba.hu/?zone=EU&realm=Earthen+Ring&character=Dahlaine
    Low spell hit: 15.33% < 17% (44 more HR to cap) (Seeing as you are a Draenei... you're actually at 16.33%, or 0.77% short)
    Melee hit ok: 8% < 18.47% < 28%
    Has greatness.
    (PVE gear score: 529.76)

Akari (DPS) - http://be.imba.hu/?zone=EU&realm=Earthen+Ring&character=Akari
    Chest enchanted with +8 stats (Suggested: +10 stats) (minor)
    Bracers enchanted with Expertise (same as Bal, I don't think this is a real problem)
    Melee hit ok: 8% < 14.79% < 28%
    Has greatness.
    (PVE gear score: 505.87)

Taqwa (DPS) - http://be.imba.hu/?zone=EU&realm=Earthen+Ring&character=Taqwa
    Metagem active.
    Low spell hit: 13.79% < 17% (84 more HR to cap) - Don't think this is a problem...
    Has greatness.
    (PVE gear score: 530.06)

Telluria (DPS) - http://be.imba.hu/?zone=EU&realm=Earthen+Ring&character=Telluria
    Has greatness.
    (PVE gear score: 555.26)

Jheera(DPS) - http://be.imba.hu/?zone=EU&realm=Earthen+Ring&character=Jheera
    No major problems, but some room for improvement.
    Low Spellhit (16.4% < 17%) can be ignored, you will always have a Draenei in your party... (16% is the sweetspot)
    Only blue (lesser) shoulder enchant (Honored with Hodir)
    Chest enchanted with +8 stats (Suggested: +10 stats or +250 mana)
    Legs enchanted with blue enchant (Suggested: Sapphire Spell Thread)
    Cloak enchanted with Speed (+12 haste) (Suggested: Greater Speed (+23 haste)
    Main hand enchanted with +50 spellpower (Suggested: +63 spell power)
    (PVE gear score: 480.04)

Aldan (DPS) - http://be.imba.hu/?zone=EU&realm=Earthen+Ring&character=Aldan
    Green-quality gem in chest.
    Has greatness.
    (PVE gear score: 478.05)

Taminak (DPS) - http://be.imba.hu/?zone=EU&realm=Earthen+Ring&character=Taminak
    (PVE gear score: 520.25 - Highest score seen, should be accurate, unless you have a higher-level tank set...?)
    RP gear, skipping.

Li (DPS) - http://be.imba.hu/?zone=EU&realm=Earthen+Ring&character=Li
    Bracers not enchanted. (major!)
    Shoulder enchant is blue (Honored with sons of Hodir).
    Gloves enchanted with Hyperspeed accelerators (Suggested: Precision or Crusher) (No idea how Hyperspeed accelerators stacks up)
    Cloak enchanted with Flexweave Underlay (Suggested: Major Agility, Greater speed)
    Low spell hit: 13.33% < 17% (96 more HR to cap) (Not a problem)
    (PVE gear score: 503.42)

Kayte (DPS) - http://be.imba.hu/?zone=EU&realm=Earthen+Ring&character=Kayte
    Blue shoulder enchant (Revered Hodir)
    Chest enchanted with +8 stats (Suggested: +10 stats or +8mp5)
    Bracers enchanted with +23 spellpower (Suggested: +30 spellpower)
    Weapon enchanted with +50 spellpower (Suggested: +63 spellpower)
    Low spell hit: 16.3% < 17% (28 more HR to cap) - but perfect if there's a Draenei in the raid.
    (PVE gear score: 504.65)

Prynkesse (DPS) - http://be.imba.hu/?zone=EU&realm=Earthen+Ring&character=Prynkesse
    Low level item: Kurzel's Rage (ring)
    (No metagem slot in helmet)
    Shattrath enchant on shoulders (Honored with Hodir - could get blue?)
    Chest enchanted with +8 stats (Suggested: +10 stats)
    Leg enchant is Nerubian (blue-quality) (Suggested: Icescale (Epic quality))
    Bracer enchant is Striking (Suggested: Greater Assault)
    Melee hit ok: 8% < 14.18% < 28%
    (PVE gear score: 395.96)

Topanca (DPS) - http://be.imba.hu/?zone=EU&realm=Earthen+Ring&character=Topanca
    Pants are enchanted with Shining Spellthread (Suggested: Brilliant Spellthread or Sapphire Spellthread)
    Weapon enchanted with +50 spellpower (Suggested: +63 spellpower)
    Unenchanted items: Shoulders (friendly with Hodir), Chest (+10 stats or +8mp5), Feet (+6mp5 or +18 spi), Bracers (+30 spellpower), Gloves (+28 spellpower), Cloak (+23 haste)
    Overcapped spell (shadow) hit: 18.93% > 17% (safe to reduce by 50 HR) (Actually, since Draenei - 19.93%, safe to reduce ~3%)
    (PVE gear score: 442.00)

Yazminea (DPS) - http://be.imba.hu/?zone=EU&realm=Earthen+Ring&character=Yazminea
    Bracers enchanted with +23 Spellpower (Suggested: +30 Spellpower)
    Weapon enchanted with +50 Spellpower (Suggested: +63 Spellpower)
    Chest unenchanted.
    Low spell (arcane) hit: 16.84% < 17% (4 more HR to cap)
    Low spell (fire/frost) hit: 13.84% < 17% (83 more HR to cap)
    (PVE gear score: 482.62)

Kaelorian (DPS) - http://be.imba.hu/?zone=EU&realm=Earthen+Ring&character=Kaelorian
    Low level item: Executioner's Band
    Staff enchanted with Greater Savagery (Suggested: Massacre)
    Head enchanted with ZG-enchant (Suggested: Arcanum of Torment)
    Shoulders enchanted with Shattrath enchant (Suggested: Epic Hodir (not encountered))
    Legs enchanted with Jormungar patch (Suggested: Icescale patch)
    Unenchanted: Chest (+10 stats), Boots (Icewalker or 16 agi or +32 AP), Gloves (+20 hit or +20 agi or +44 AP), Cloak (+22 agi or +23 haste)
    Ring ungemmed
    Low ranged hit: 4.88% < 8% (102 more HR to cap)
    Comment: Most of the enchantment comments are invalid due to low quality of gear
    (PVE gear score: 366.52)

#name score
    1. Telluria 555
    2. Taqwa 530
    3. Dahlaine 529
    4. Taminak 520
    5. Balgarim 518
    6. Akari 505
    7. Kayte 504
    8. Li 503
    9. Yazminea 482
    10. Jheera 480
    11. Aldan 478
    12. Topanca 442
    13. Prynkesse 395
    14. Kaelorian 366

Not really interesting - other than to see that Akari is definately dealing the most damage in comparison to gear-score.

The OTHER pattern you can see from this is that I've been monumentally bored today.

Last edited by Mnemo on Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:00 pm; edited 5 times in total
    Mnemo
    Mnemo

Post  Mnemo Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:08 pm

All done!

Feel free to comment.
    Derky
    Derky

Post  Derky Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:55 pm

Would you mind posting mine? Ill log out in healing gear tonight.

Reason I ask is that site makes no fucking sense to me :s

D
    Balgarim
    Balgarim

Post  Balgarim Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:19 pm

Feedback comments about the notes on me:

I need the expertise enchantments to hit the cap otherwise I would be doing 10% LESS damage than what I do now. However, I could enchant for AP and replace the STR gems with EXP to see if my overall AP would improve, even though I do get a 15% bonus from STR through talents.

Nothing I can do about the HIT cap rating but say they put too much HIT on plate gear and note enough EXP. When I get all the gear upgrades from Ulduar I'm pretty sure I'll be closer to the HIT cap rating than I am now, so noted but nothing I can do about it presently.
    Dahlaine
    Dahlaine

Post  Dahlaine Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:32 pm

As a reply to mine:

1. My meta-gem is not inactive. It requires one red, one yellow and one blue. Probably a site problem.
    2. The required spell hit for Enhancement Shamans without gimping DPS is 340 hit. Either way I don't want to gem for anymore hit, and the gear seems to provide the required amount for the moment.
    Marveen
    Marveen

Post  Marveen Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:01 pm

Derky wrote:Would you mind posting mine? Ill log out in healing gear tonight.

Reason I ask is that site makes no fucking sense to me :s

D
    It says you should swap out 3 enchants: (1) put the crit one on your headpiece (instead of mp5), (2) put spellpower on your bracers (instead of intellect), and (3) put the expensive enchant on your weapon (instead of the cheap one). I've no idea if the suggestions are better or worse than what you have currently, that's Holydin land to me: there be dragons!

Just use be.imba to see if you forgot to enchant something, or to see if you're hit/expertise capped if you're in dps gear.
    Taminak
    Taminak

Post  Taminak Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:21 pm

Almost Difficult to catch me in the Armoury without my Rp gear on now.
    Mnemo
    Mnemo

Post  Mnemo Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:27 pm

Bal: Yeah, like I mentioned, be.imba.hu is fundamentally flawed in many regards. One of many, many flaws is that it doesn't consider expertise a worth-while stat.

It's worth looking into things like Death-Inured Sabatons vs Iron-Spring Jumpers for hit-manipulation - but yeah, I know what you mean, I have the same problem, going back and forth between too much and not enough hit.

Dahl: Yeah, sorry about that, I saw the metagem you, Akari and Telluria had as Chaotic Skyflare gems, and assumed they required 2 blue gems to trigger.
    You aren't using Chaotic Skyflare gems, so that's not an issue - I've updated the metagem part on you 3.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content