Where. Murlocs. Dare

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now Available At: http://www.wheremurlocsdare.com!

5 posters

Runed Orbs

Marveen
    Marveen

Runed Orbs Empty Runed Orbs

Post  Marveen Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:05 am

At present, they are used by Blacksmiths/Leatherworkers/Tailors to craft epic boots and belts - each item requires 6 orbs to craft:

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45087#reagent-for:0+7+1+2

There is one orb in the bank, plus the one Zuzu looted last night.
    Derky
    Derky

Runed Orbs Empty Re: Runed Orbs

Post  Derky Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:27 am

I believe Tell was gonna give us another 4, which makes 6. Enough for one item.

How are we going to sort this out? I personally would like to make a belt, but then again I would be willing to pass for Taqwa as I want his babies and I know how much he wants the belt. Think of the constanting whining that Bal does and x it by infinity!

D
    Marveen
    Marveen

Post  Marveen Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:07 am

Hehe, yeah I don't want any of the upgrades that much. They're great, but I'll get them eventually - or something better. I'd rather get the 4-piece T8 bonus (chestpiece, come to Marvy!)...

What's the most orbs we can get in a week, if we do all hardmodes (not counting Algalols)?
    Cardinal
    Cardinal
    Big Fish

Post  Cardinal Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:32 am

I believe Runed Orbs are a random drop on 10-man, so it's difficult to tell how many we could earn in a single night, even if we did everything on hard mode.

Currently I'm leaning towards a 'loot council' to distribute them. In other words, I give them out to the person I think will get the best use out of them.

So far only Taqwa and Derky have expressed an above average interest in getting them, and Taqwa seems the most keen of everybody, so I'd favour him to get it first.

However, if anybody else is very keen to get their runed orbs early, please post in this thread and we can decide if you have a more compelling case. I'm sure Taqwa would pass on them if somebody more needy came along.

If I don't hear from anybody else in the few days, I'll give them to Taq.
    Mnemo
    Mnemo

Post  Mnemo Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:02 am

I'll try to post something more coherent when I get home - but I did want to mention that, yes, I am keen to upgrade my belt (using a belt from heroics, so who wouldn't be!?), and I have gathered the rest of the mats already - because i've been evaluating how to get it through other methods (AH/badgers?).

That said, I have on expectations or demands of any sort to be the recipent of this first litter of orbs.
    I feel everyone with interest should definately sign up, though I would expect whoever gets them to fully socket, gem and enchant the item they have crafted, fairly quickly - no fudging around with low quality gems and enchantments for months, Bal. Razz

Moving on, from what I understand, FL+2(+) will always drop 1xOrb and 1xPattern, so we are atleast "guaranteed" 1xOrb per week, beyond that, on one seems to have bothered much to look into how the orbs drop in 10-man, other than that they drop from "hard modes" (read that atleast one had been gotten from hard mode Thorim-10...
    Balgarim
    Balgarim

Post  Balgarim Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:40 am

Oi, cheeky sod. There was never any -need- to enchant the gear with top notch stuff plus the gems I put in were always the best I could make (blue quality) so shush!
    Derky
    Derky

Post  Derky Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:46 am

Balgarim wrote:Oi, cheeky sod. There was never any -need- to enchant the gear with top notch stuff plus the gems I put in were always the best I could make (blue quality) so shush!

There is always a -need- to do so, to be the best you can.

D
    Marveen
    Marveen

Post  Marveen Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:38 am

I've noticed a lot of people advertising runed orbs for sale on /Trade lately (while on my alts), not sure how much they're going for though. Also, you can buy them for 18 EoCs - so expect the price to crash as soon as the date for 3.2 is announced, or at least use that to your advantage when bargaining with a potential seller! Very Happy

The bank has some gold, and I'll gladly donate 1k gold to the first few people who get the upgrade, a small contribution to the purchase of spare orbs - the faster you kill things, the less mana I need to burn.
    Mnemo
    Mnemo

Post  Mnemo Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:50 am

Yes, 1.5-2k per orb.
    I don't think it's a particularly good idea to use emblems to get orbs - we're talking over 100 emblems per item - as 10 man raiders I feel rather confident that in all cases, spending the emblems on the other upgrades will net you 2-3 items that give a greater overall upgrade.

I'd say dropping 9k gold into the AH for the orbs would be a much better idea, for those who can afford it.

But yes, 3.2 will in all likelyhood deflate the rune orb market.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 12:49 pm