Where. Murlocs. Dare

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now Available At: http://www.wheremurlocsdare.com!

+6
Mnemo
Cardinal
Balgarim
Dahlaine
Yazminea
Marveen
10 posters

UI Screenshots

Marveen
    Marveen

UI Screenshots Empty UI Screenshots

Post  Marveen Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:43 am

Here's one taken from Naxx10 on Thursday 12th March:

UI Screenshots Wowscrnshot031209184820.th

My addons are:

UI Screenshots Myaddons200903.th
    Yazminea
    Yazminea

UI Screenshots Empty Re: UI Screenshots

Post  Yazminea Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:59 am

Atm I don't have any thought on your UI Marveen - probably will have some later on :p...

But here is what my UI looks like on Yazminea (ofc this is out of raid, so will take a new one next time I'm in raid):
    UI Screenshots Mage130309

Addons I use:
    Sunn Viewport Art
    Sunn Viewport Artpack 6
    Sunn Viewport Artpack 1-5
    Titan Panel
    Elkano's Buffbar
    Sexymap
    Omen3
    Recount
    AtlasLoot
    Auctioneer
    Xperl
    Bartender4
    Minimalist
    Quartz
    Cryolosis
    Cartographer
    Chatter

That's about it...

I like having as much of my info on the bottom of my screen and have my buttons faded out, both to train myself in using the keybindings but also because I by that can see behind them to see what's going on there...

I want it to look good and interesting while being practical - which is why I use Sunn Viewport Artpack and Sexymap...

Another Addon I really love is Minimalist, this addon can automatically sell all grey items and auto-repair - not a very big addon, but saves me a whole lot of time looking through bags for things I need to sell...
    Dahlaine
    Dahlaine

Post  Dahlaine Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:27 pm

Interesting arrangement both :p.

Here's mine:

UI Screenshots 88923330.th

And my add ons:

UI Screenshots Dsfwef.th
    Balgarim
    Balgarim

Post  Balgarim Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:29 pm

UI Screenshots Uilist.th

UI Screenshots Wowscrnshot031409012210.th
    Marveen
    Marveen

Post  Marveen Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:45 am

First comment: Gief widescreen monitor! And I so need to scale down my ui to 75-80% >.<

Yazminea has a very pretty ui - I love the way most of your actionbars/abilities are hidden (my screen explodes with buttons when I play my mage >.<). I've tried getting rid of most of my abilities by doubleing them up using macros (helps that half of my abilities don't show outside of the correct form). For example:

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:SELFCAST,target=player] Healing Touch; [mod:shift] [harm] Starfire; Healing Touch

This macro lets me use a single button for HT and Starfire, depending on what my target is (I use the "?" icon for the macro so it changes display automatically). If I've got my selfcast modifier pressed (ALT in my case), it will target me and cast HT. If I have SHIFT down, or the target is hostile (harm), cast Starfire. Otherwise, HT. I have about 5 abilities teamed up like this.

I also use macros to double up group vs single target buffs, where holding a modifier does the group buff (/cast [mod:SELFCAST,target=player] Mark of the Wild; [mod:shift] Gift of the Wild; Mark of the Wild). Still haven't managed to reduce my actionbars to a grid of 3 x 6 buttons, which is my target, though 3 x 10 is a good start.. XD

Dahlaine: so many buttons! Even for each mount.. Very Happy I use a macro for my mounts:

/castrandom [mod] Swift Stormsaber; [flyable] Bronze Drake; White War Talbuk, Ice Mammoth

If I hold down any modifier, I get my saber. If the zone is flyable I summon a Bronze Drake, otherwise the macro chooses a random mount from the talbuk or the mammoth. There are better macros out there that properly identify Dalaran as a no-flying zone, but this one works for me as I just Shift+mount and I'm on my saber.

Balgarim: nice minimap addon - very clean. I see you use XPerl AND Grid - a remnant from your holy days? *curious*

Looking forward to seeing dps'ers UIs in combat - how you have the raid displayed, where the combat text goes, how cooldowns are shown, etc. I keep toying with the idea of putting my raid frames down in the centre bottom, with abilities flanking down each side. It could help me follow the action better, but I worry I'll just mess up my setup too much - never seen another healer UI that uses this combo, so I'd be trying it blind.

My problem is that I normally end up with tunnelvision on the top half of my screen and ignore anything happening in chat midcombat - unless Chatter picks ups Marv/Marveen and then I get a big raidwarning to draw my attention to the chats... Very Happy That's why my raid chat is down in the bottom right corner, it forces me to glance across the whole screen at least once in a while.
    Balgarim
    Balgarim

Post  Balgarim Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:47 am

I haven't actually used Grid, but yes, XPerl is from the days of being holy. Last night I completely redid my UI and the screenshot you have is what it looks like now ... *searches through some of his screenshot folders* Ah ha! I have a few shots of when I was using different UI's...

The below image is when I was holy (shock horror) using Bongos Action Bars, XPerl unit frames, PallyPower and a few others running in the background.

UI Screenshots Wowscrnshot090208221249.th

I then decided that was ugly when changing to Ret so I went back to the original Action Bar with XPerl unit frames.

UI Screenshots Wowscrnshot111608011936.th

At the moment my raid UI is set to appear above the mini map horizontally, Combat text goes in the combat log and floating text appears above my characters, I just use the global cooldown thing - no numbers, PallyPower takes care of all the Blessings that have been cast (which you can't see as I'm not in a group/raid but its the red button up the top right)
    Cardinal
    Cardinal
    Big Fish

Post  Cardinal Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:06 am

This is mine. I think a UI looks very different when you're in the midst of combat and the numbers, buffs and info is flying around the place. Doing nothing in Dalaran always makes it look prettier! Anyway, I'm retlol when this was taken, so it's not 100% ideal as I just stick my ret stuff anywhere, but it gives you an idea.

I've got all raid and party info in the left chatbox and all idle chat in the right. The bar above the right chatbox contains all my OH SHIT buttons and only appears in combat.

UI Screenshots Wowscrnshot031309214921.th
    Dahlaine
    Dahlaine

Post  Dahlaine Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:41 am

Mmhmm, unfortunately the Shaman comes with a lot of buttons; most of which are just about useful enough in at least one situation to merit a space on my bars which is why the default is awful for me.

At the moment I only have essential macros set up, but I've been looking in to ones for other things. For me at the moment clicking on a mount is easy enough but I'll probably look into that one. Plus I had an extra bar left on Bartender so I thought I should use it, hehe.

I'll try and get a raiding screenshot on Monday.

I still need to sort mine out a little bit, I feel too much space is taken up. My screens only a tad smaller than Bal's but his chat is tiny. Needs work anyhow, I'm sure I'll mess around with it a bit once 3.1 is out.
    Mnemo
    Mnemo

Post  Mnemo Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:32 am

UI Screenshots Wowscrnshot012909204236.th

Sorry about the stupid open paperdoll...but I don't take a lot of screenshots in raids that are post-friendly (ie: not a lot of panels open, without a messagebox spammed with strange crap Wink )

Anyway!
    Ignore the big blue button in the lower-middle. I don't have that anymore (It lights up when Howling Blast is available).

Basically, I've gathered all information I need in a circle around my character - with the focus area being at his feet (runes), disease timers under that.
    UnitFrames left (me) and right (target) of runes, with Target of Target to the right of that.
    Left of Center I've got bars announcing when my AP buffs are up (Fury of the Five Flights, Mirror of Truth and Fallen Crusader + Horn of Winter).
    Right of Center Killing Machine and Cinderglacier procs are displayed.
    Using Mikk's Scrolling Combat text, meaning damage caused by me and my pet is on the right side, damage in (to me and my pet) and healing taken on the right side.

Behind the Paperdoll (left) there's only my pet's healthbar.
    Right side, Omen3 and Recount. Sometimes swap Recount for a graph of current DPS (mine and raid).

Target-plates (hostile) are allways on. Makes melee targeting possible :p

And, of course, as the chat says. Safety Dance blaring in the background! (At Heigan)

Can't be bothered replacing the bars.
    Balgarim
    Balgarim

Post  Balgarim Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:24 am

Raid UI

UI Screenshots Wowscrnshot031609185416.th

Not totally happy with the raid UI screens position at the mo so I may have to change that. But, for the most part, that is how my Raid UI looks.
    Marveen
    Marveen

Post  Marveen Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:11 am

Cardinal <3 the Crusader Aura... XD Both you and Bal have XPerl set to show all buffs on party members, that can be disabled so you get a much cleaner UI.

Balgarim - you can set XPerl to hide party frames in raid. I see you already have raidframes up next to the minimap, so it could save you a lot of clutter.

Taqwa - this was the biggest surprise so far, I expected a sleek and minimalistic UI with everything perfectly aligned and in the same crispy clean font, etc.. XD What are the two icon-pairs down in the bottom right? Look like 2 x Trinketmenus, but how can you have 4 trinkets up? Surprised

Inspired by all the dps'ers uis I've moved my stuff around onscreen - taking a bit getting used to looking at the centre of the screen instead of the top, but I like the new config. Doesn't help I also swapped a lot of my abilities around - it's particularly "fun" to have Healing Touch where Swiftmend used to be... Rolling Eyes Will post a screenie from Thursday's raid.
    Dahlaine
    Dahlaine

Post  Dahlaine Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:08 am

UI Screenshots Wowscrnshot031609185226.th

Here's my raid-y one.

Interesting about the Xperl thing hiding party, Marv, I'll have to check that. Not sure it takes up too much room for me at the moment though.

Need to sort out the scale on some of them as well. It got a little off when I had to reinstall WoW.

Edit:

I have now shamelessly stolen Bal's set up (since he did steal ButtonFacade off me! :p) and here's what mine looks like now:

UI Screenshots Wowscrnshot031709195115.th

Last edited by Dahlaine on Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    zuzuna
    zuzuna

Post  zuzuna Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:48 pm

UI Screenshots Zuzunaui.th

Marveen's post was a challenge to try X-Perl for the distance checks and some small improvements. Everything was fine until Malygos' fight, when I discovered i had no buttons to press or bubbles or a dragon portrait (although i had buttons on Aces high).

A fantastic addon is Power Auras (in the middle, showing that I have a free flash heal (or a greater heal in red), POM tracker is good for us priests, the bufs-debufs of X-perl are not under my control yet (I want to see just the bufs I can cast on them) and the icons on the mini map are under the "minimapButtonFrame"'s bubble
    I am really proud Very Happy of the invert "T" with my spells and the raid people on the right. As I have only 6 fingers on my left hand, I have all the other functions near the place my mouse rests.

Now, can we pls wipe 10 times at Malygos to fix my UI problems by trial and error ?
    Mnemo
    Mnemo

Post  Mnemo Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:31 pm

Marv: used to have an UI like that for quite a while, but in the end, I found that I was spending as much time updating and looking for mods as I was playing, so I've dropped the idea of a minimal UI and instead going for one that's functional and largely non-intrusive outside of combat, while allowing me to get an overview of what's going on.
    Fits my personality better too - barely (if that) contained chaos :p

The bar on the bottom right is outfitter, a quick-swap bar (can't remember how you enable it... but it's in the default package), that I've not used in a long time now - basically only the DW DPS and Tank sets are up to date, the rest are most likely referencing gear I no longer have :p
    Cardinal
    Cardinal
    Big Fish

Post  Cardinal Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:10 am

zuzuna wrote:As I have only 6 fingers on my left hand, I have all the other functions near the place my mouse rests.

UI Screenshots Mutant%20Beast

PS) Remember there's that daily quest where you fly the dragon above the Nexus somewhere. You can fix your UI doing that.
    zuzuna
    zuzuna

Post  zuzuna Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:33 am

oups! discovered now Embarassed
    Yes, that is the "Aces high" I mention on my post. i went immediatelly after Malygos but there, what a surprize, I had the dragon's buttons on the bottom of the screen
    Derky
    Derky

Post  Derky Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:52 am

I have 2 mods...

1 - Chatter

2- Customer mode I wrote so I can choose what port WoW runs on at a click of a button (We had a dodgey ISP for years)

Yup, no unit frames, no perl, no fancy shit at all apart from blizzard standard UI.

On Braith how ever, I have some 20 mods installed for UI and cooldowns. D just doesnt need them.

I used to have over 70 as Mnemo can probaly post my old UI i lost the screenie!

I really don't need them or rely on them. I used to use a ton for raid leading so I can could monitor every single individual down to what spell they are casting constantly updating in real time. Now as I don't raid lead or raid with a bunch of hardcore nut cases I don't need it. Deleted everything off when I came back from my break and never looked back.

I just don't like / need mods to play. Not saying its a bad thing to have them installed, just saying I dont need them to do what I do.

D
    Marveen
    Marveen

Post  Marveen Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:54 am

Inspired by all the dps'ers cleaner UIs I decided to move everything around about two weeks ago. The result is this:

UI Screenshots Wowscrnshot031909194815.th

and this (vehicles):

UI Screenshots Wowscrnshot032309205603.th

My tooltip is up in the right corner, so it only obscures the minimap - if anything at all. Raidframes are all on the bottom now, right under my target window. I may get a Viewport addon to tidy up the bottom of the screen but am pretty happy with this setup - and it works much better for my dps characters as well, without needing to change everything.
    Li
    Li

Post  Li Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:37 am

This is mine, i only use Bartender, button facade, SCT, x-pearl, Deathknight runes and recount.

UI Screenshots Wowuili.th
    Li
    Li

Post  Li Fri May 08, 2009 6:10 am

My new UI.
    UI Screenshots Newuisjw.th
    Derky
    Derky

Post  Derky Fri May 08, 2009 6:50 am

I do actually like your bars Li, what are they from?

D
    Skathi
    Skathi

Post  Skathi Fri May 08, 2009 7:40 am

I use too many add ons - so many alts doing so many things - but the main ones here are SpartanUI, SexyMap, Fubar and various plug ins, Grid (with Clique), and Autobar. Hunter specific ones? I use Power Auras for my procs/Viper/etc. and a couple of macros. As you can see, I've moved all my UI down to the bottom of the screen, otherwise I get a really sore neck looking up and down. I just like it looking clean, but with a lot of information on there (and yes, I have two hunters >.>)

UI Screenshots 64445077.th
    Li
    Li

Post  Li Fri May 08, 2009 10:23 am

my action bars are bartender 4, using buttonfacade and buttonfacade gears skin (seperate mod)
    Cardinal
    Cardinal
    Big Fish

Post  Cardinal Wed May 13, 2009 4:22 am

I've updated my mod to mega swish mode, here you can see it mid-combat on Monday's raid:

UI Screenshots 13z021c
    Derky
    Derky

Post  Derky Wed May 13, 2009 4:26 am

!

Your buff mod is what I am currently writing myself in RDX / Perl. I didnt think it was availible.

Can you advise what it is?

Ta

Ugh that sounded like I was writing an internal email...

D

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 6:20 am