Where. Murlocs. Dare

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now Available At: http://www.wheremurlocsdare.com!

2 posters

Glory of the Hero runs

Marveen
    Marveen

Glory of the Hero runs Empty Glory of the Hero runs

Post  Marveen Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:38 am

I still have 8 of the heroic dungeon achievements left to do:

- Azjol Nerub (1st and 2nd boss)
    - Old Kingdom (insanity boss)
    - Violet Hold (grr! @ 2 random bosses that never show)
    - Gundrak (interrupting the mammoth)
    - Oculus (20-minute speed run and Ruby Void)

Azjol-Nerub: We need two tanks for the first boss, or insanewtfdps that can oneshot the adds - we're close but the group composition could use tweaking. Haven't had more than one try at the 2nd boss' achievement, and I remember he bugged and kept resetting himself to the bottom of the stairs, so we ended up doing him normally.

The Old Kingdom one is nearly in the bag - just need 3 murloc dps (1 second off! /cry).

Violet Hold: Ichoron and Zuramat never spawn for us! Sad

Gundrak: Moorabi is a &$%@! Can't seem to get the last interrupt in, even if he ISN'T immune to pally hammers. Apparently we need a mage. Or a warlock with CoT. Or a rogue (Mind-Numbing)/shadowpriest (Silence)? Or everyone needs a "reduce chance to stun" talent/metagem. Or maybe it's just a matter of luck and eventually we'll get him before he lands that last interrupt. The troll sucks.

Oculus: Had a very close run on the 20-minute thing, but lost a drake or two during the last fight so we wiped with a minute or more to spare. Should be in the bag otherwise! Also had a heroic attempt at the Ruby Void until the wee hours of the morning (with Cardinal, Fae, Lyavanna and Fergieman) - but we're still not aceing the 5 Amber drake dance. We got him to 15% one try - but after 2 am it became nearly impossible to time the timestops right so we called it a night. I think the trick is in taking turns to shoot lances while everyone else channels, but I need to do the numbers on this. One big problem with Ley-Guardian Eregos is that the fight is hard to explain in words, and my gut feeling is that you just need to try, try, try many times until you suddenly go "aha! so that's how it works".
    Marveen
    Marveen

Glory of the Hero runs Empty Re: Glory of the Hero runs

Post  Marveen Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:35 am

Nice zerg run to the spider dens on Friday - both the AN and the Old Kingdom achievements done! Started with Old Kingdom where we got Volazj' Quick Demise with 20 seconds to spare (though those were the longest 90 seconds ever).

After that success we decided to give the Azjol-Nerub achievements a try. It took a while trying new strats (Bal in tank gear, Bal in dps gear, Bal in dps gear with a shield, Card in dps gear, totem/aura combos, etc) on Watch Him Die!, but once we figured out a trick it was easy as pie (that achievement is a tank test if there is any before raiding - a good place to test a tank imo!). Hadronox Denied was easier, though I'm not entirely sure we didn't get lucky on it...

We went to VH after that, but the bosses we needed didn't spawn. Again.

Thank you to Balgarim, Cardinal, Dahlaine and Nikaysel (Itz' dk)! Now only five more heroic dungeon achievements to go for me. Violet Hold, Gundrak and Oculus here we come..
    Mnemo
    Mnemo

Post  Mnemo Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:19 am

The ones I'm missing are:

- Gotta Go (Anub'arak)
    - Volazj's Quick Demise (Herald Volazj)
    - Share the Love (Gal'darah)
    - Less-rabi (Moorabi)
    - Abuse the Ooze (Sjonnir)
    - Zombiefest (CoT:Strat)
    - The Incredible Hulk (Svala)
    - Lodi dodi we love the Skadi (Skadi)
    - My girl loves to Skadi all the time (Skadi)
    - Experienced Drake Rider (Ruby and Amber!)
    - Emerald Void (Eregos)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 3:48 am